How is Richard1 an Admin? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How is Richard1 an Admin?

Good Morning,
    I will try and communicate to you more than the last Managing Editor. As I said before, I am the Managing Editor. I have control over the daily operations of WinDrivers and a few other sites, although I have people who I answer to, as in many corporations.

I had originally planned on making the announcement on Monday but Freddy was out of hand and no one was doing anything about it. Next thing you know he's posting the personal e-mail I sent him, which I found personally offensive, under different usernames and using profanity as well. Hence my early arrival. I will still post an announcement some time early next week to inform everyone.

Hopefully we can all work together and build this into a community where people , help each other, laugh and learn a few things. Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by techs
    Gee, you go on one week long bender and everythings changed
    NO ****, I need to stop all this drinking

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard1
    Good Morning,
    I will try and communicate to you more than the last Managing Editor. As I said before, I am the Managing Editor. I have control over the daily operations of WinDrivers and a few other sites, although I have people who I answer to, as in many corporations.

I had originally planned on making the announcement on Monday but Freddy was out of hand and no one was doing anything about it. Next thing you know he's posting the personal e-mail I sent him, which I found personally offensive, under different usernames and using profanity as well. Hence my early arrival. I will still post an announcement some time early next week to inform everyone.

Hopefully we can all work together and build this into a community where people , help each other, laugh and learn a few things. Thanks
    No offense, but we already have that type of community

but Freddy was out of hand and no one was doing anything about it.
    Just because freddy chose to ignore the advice he was given, does not mean that no one tried to do something about it.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Good Morning,

ahh, finally a glimpse of light.

welcome to WD lounge richard1, hope you take the time to sit back and enjoy the sarcastic humour of a bunch of crackheads

p.s. please do not hold it in the balance that i am a d e p t 's brother, pretty please, it was not a personal choice i assure you
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Just because freddy chose to ignore the advice he was given, does not mean that no one tried to do something about it.
    Whoa !?! .. hang on a minute, you are the 'ubber mod' & thus its your decision on how/when stuff gets done ?

So its time for me to be Nat King Cole then methinks ..

There may be trouble ahead
    But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance
    Let's face the music and dance
    Before the fiddlers have fled
    Before they ask us to pay the bill and while we still have the chance
    Soon we'll be without the moon, humming a different tune and then
    There may be teardrops to shed
    So while there's moonlight and music and love and romance

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    ...p.s. please do not hold it in the balance that i am a d e p t 's brother, pretty please, it was not a personal choice i assure you

Funny, I recall using that same argument with a high school teacher we both had...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Whoa !?! .. hang on a minute, you are the 'ubber mod' & thus its your decision on how/when stuff gets done ? ...
    You are aware that Richard1 also has supermod status?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    obviously since he banned freddy.

what is also obvious is there appears to be a difference of opinion even among supermods as to how things should be handled and what is appropriate here both from members and mods alike.......this is going to be interesting!
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Good Morning,
    I will try and communicate to you more than the last Managing Editor.
    ironic isn't it?
    Last edited by NooNoo; December 11th, 2004 at 11:30 AM.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Yeah he's had it for six months!!!
    Last edited by NooNoo; December 11th, 2004 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    ironic isn't it?
    ASTOUNDINGLY ! & bloody rude too if you ask me - I'm getting the impression that this is all news to you, or certainly to the extent of deciding to 'take control' ..?

Sounds like the big brother Syndrome.

I will try and communicate to you more than the last Managing Editor.

I had originally planned on making the announcement on Monday but Freddy was out of hand and no one was doing anything about it.
    If you don't mind my asking: what has happened to the "last managing editor"?

And yes, freddy was way over the top, and had been banned recently and warned and advised repeatedly by many here, not just mods. What he did was on his shoulders, not anyone elses. In fact, I did report the thread in Comments and Suggestions before your arrival. You showed up then, so what would any other mod need to do about it with you on the scene, sort of speak? Especially considering that you were the "target" of freddy. You had no choice but to do what you did. Sad way for an introduction, too. But, not very surprising.

Internet Linebacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    No offense, but we already have that type of community
    No Cleetus, he means a community of that type that fits internet.com's guidelines. ie, say goodbye to us lounge lizard types, we'll be run out of here in no time. I've seen them do it to other sites I've been on, and the same thing will happen here. I don't know what's up with Scott, but I don't see his name or e-mail address on any of the pages anymore, so I'm guessing he's out. And with him out, internet.com's corporate buzzards have descended to pick the flesh off the carcass.