here to find out about additional
    service options (dial-up, or
    high-speed access via DSL or Satellite)
    and options for accessing your MSN
    account from different devices,
    such as computers, television,
    Internet appliances or Personal
    Data Assistants.

I have my own ISP and I have been unable to access IE without using MSN. This is why
    I have chosen to access IE through MSN. I must access IE6 SP2 as one of the prerequisite programs for C#. I have XP SP2. Please inform me of when and where,
    "about additional service options (dial-up, or high-speed access via DSL or Satellite)
    and options for accessing your MSN account".
    I have noticed that it requires a $35 fee for response to technical issues. I would rather not pay such a fee if it what I am looking for is supposed to be displayed in my welcome email link."

However, I've seen that all links to this issue are broken inside MS. Anybody, have any answers? I sent my orginal message to MS through billing customer support and recieved a ticket number for a 24 hour response. I'll see if MS isn't trying to force MSN on the world?

DownBeachBreeze

I'm sorry, but you lost me. Exactly what is your problem? You want to access your msn account without using msn as your isp?
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    I'm sorry, but you lost me. Exactly what is your problem? You want to access your msn account without using msn as your isp?
    YES, I can't bring up IE6 without bringing up MSN'S ISP.

Control Panel\Internet Options\Connections
    Add (or select) the dial up account for your preferred isp, click "Set Default", select "Always dial my default connection"
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Control Panel\Internet Options\Connections
    Add (or select) the dial up account for your preferred isp, click "Set Default", select "Always dial my default connection"
    I contacted MSN. This was there solution:

Thank you for writing us back at MSN Internet Access Technical Support.

This is Cathy and I will be handling your service request. Based on your e-mail, I gather that you are unable to access the link provided within the welcome e-mail message. I certainly realize the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Rest assured that I would be more than willing to help you with this concern.

To resolve this issue, I suggest that you optinize your Internet Explorer. It is possible that the Temporary Internet Files folder has been maximized that your machine can no longer accept and store cookies from certain websites. To make space for new Internet cookies, it is best that you clear Internet cache. Cache is a Temporary Internet Files folder that contains previously viewed Web pages and files, including graphics. When a large number of these files have accumulated over time, it can affect your browser's performance. To address this, we suggest you optimize Internet Explorer to refresh its settings.

Here's how to do this:

1. Open Internet Explorer by doing one of the following:

- Click on the blue 'e' icon on your desktop.
    - Click 'Start', choose 'Run' and then type in the box 'iexplore' (without apostrophes).
    - Click 'Start', choose 'All Programs, and then click on 'Internet Explorer'.

2. Click on ‘Tools’, and then ‘Internet Options'.
    3. Under the 'General tab', click 'Delete Cookies' in the Temporary Internet Files section.
    4. When asked to confirm, click 'OK'.
    5. Click 'Delete Files'.
    6. Select the ‘Delete all offline content' check box, and then click 'OK'.
    7. Click 'Clear History' button. When asked to confirm, click 'OK'.
    8. Click 'Settings' button.
    9. Under ‘Check for newer versions of stored pages’, select ‘Every visit to the page’.
    10. Adjust the amount of disk space to use to at least ‘300 MB’, or 20 percent of your total hard drive size.
    11. Click 'OK' to close the Settings dialog box.
    12. Click the 'Security' tab.
    13. Click the 'Internet' icon. Click the 'Default Level' button if available, and then click 'Apply'.
    14. Click on the ‘Custom Level’ button.
    15. On the ‘Security Settings’ dialog box:

a. Under ‘ActiveX Controls and plug-ins’, select ‘Enable’ except for ‘Download unsigned ActiveX controls’. For this selection, choose ‘Prompt’.
    b. Under Active scripting, check Enable for ‘Allow paste operations via script’, and ‘Scripting of Java applets’. Click ‘OK’

16. Click the 'Privacy' tab.
    17. Click the ‘Advanced’ button.
    18. Mark the checkbox beside ‘Override Automatic Cookie Handling’.
    19. Click the ‘Content’ tab.
    20. Click ‘AutoComplete’, under Clear AutoComplete History, click ’Clear Forms’ and ‘Clear Passwords’ buttons.
    21. Click 'OK' to close the AutoComplete Settings window.
    22. Click the 'Connections' tab. For each item listed under 'Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings', do the following:

NOTE: If you are using a DSL connection proceed to step #23

a. Select the item (connection), and then click 'Settings'.
    b. Clear all of the checkboxes, and then click 'OK'.

23. Click 'LAN Settings'. Clear all of the checkboxes, and then click 'OK'.
    24. Click the 'Advanced' tab. Click 'Restore Default' button.
    25. Click ‘Apply’ then 'OK'.

Carman, the steps that I have provided you should resolve your issue. Should you have questions or other concerns, please feel free to write us back and we will be more than happy to serve you again.

For a better web experience, you may want to upgrade to MSN 9. You may find the features you desire present in MSN 9, as this version is the result of listening to your feedback. To know more about the MSN 9 software, please visit this website: http://membercenter.msn.com/. You may also call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-386-5550. The hours of operation are from 8 am – 1 am EST on weekdays and from 8 am – 8 pm EST on weekends.

Have a great day ahead!

Sincerely,

Cathy
    MSN Internet Access Technical Support