Can't change my current homepage

Thread: Can't change my current homepage

Can't change my current homepage

I can not change my current homepage when I go to internet options in control panel or when I go to internet explorer. I try to click on use current use blank and use default and it want let me. It is like it is locked up. I tried Aol 9.0 optimized auto fix. I tried different spyware like spybot adaware stinger and pcbugdoctor. I tried deleting internet explorer and reinstalling it by going to add/remove programs then remove window componets. None of these fixed my problem. I was told to get ride of the programs involves editing the windows registry and running the microsoft configuration utility. I don't know how to use the regedit.exe and do you know how and will that fix the problem i am having with changing my current homepage.

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by JonDaviS
    I can not change my current homepage when I go to internet options in control panel or when I go to internet explorer. I try to click on use current use blank and use default and it want let me. It is like it is locked up. I tried Aol 9.0 optimized auto fix. I tried different spyware like spybot adaware stinger and pcbugdoctor. I tried deleting internet explorer and reinstalling it by going to add/remove programs then remove window componets. None of these fixed my problem. I was told to get ride of the programs involves editing the windows registry and running the microsoft configuration utility. I don't know how to use the regedit.exe and do you know how and will that fix the problem i am having with changing my current homepage.

Thanks a lot
    When I saw the title of your post, I immediately thought of spyware. Then, as I read your detail I saw that you are using AOL. I'm not sure which is worse. I have not seen your problem first hand when spyware was not to blame (did you update your spyware software?). What page is your homepage stuck on? Is it something related to AOL or something else?
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

It is stuck on /isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome thats what it says when i open up internet options
    I was told to get ride of the programs involves editing the windows registry and running the microsoft configuration utility. I don't know how to use the regedit.exe and do you know how and will that fix the problem i am having with changing my current homepage.