need a ripping software - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: need a ripping software

Another slightly more intricate way, using Free apps of course

1] DVD Decrypter
    2] AutoGK (since we want to make it easier we use the Auto, One Button mehtod)
    3] www.Doom9.org

Download the first two, by visiting Doom9, read the tutorial in AutoGK, and then proceed to use DVD Decrypter, it will make a whole DVD-Movie(only the movie part) fit into a CD (or 2) using Divx/Xvid encoding/compression.

Its all free. Also Doom9.org has plenty of other stuff for DVD->CD backing up. even DVD-Shring and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    I'm invisible ! .. I always wanted that as a 'superpower' - ta very much ! I already posted that

But I didn't already post DVD shrink which works with nero (without all the twiddly bits just the 'engine' so replacing those bits & getting around Nero's dislike of macrovision & so on by just using it to burn the generated encoded image) to burn you a backup copy, which I've never had one single issue with (as somebody commented they had ) Nobody gave a link, so I will ..

seeing as he wanted a cost-free solution, i thought I might as well detail it a bit, not having used DVD-Shrink myself that is.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    ..not having used DVD-Shrink myself that is.
    Well that's free too - why do you think I'm using it ? saves me being a pirate ... arrrrr me hearties we don't want that? do we? arrrr !

DVD Shrink and NERO

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Did you check out doom9 ? (a product called DVD2SVCD is the 'one' there for this 'mostly') or you might try googling for a product called DVDShrink (which works 'mint' in conjunction with Nero since you seem to have that) as you aren't specifying what format you want these cd's in ..
    As you say it works with NERO, unfortunately the version of NERO I have which came bundled with the writer only has a demo version of the DVD Plug-in and it runs out in a months time, does this mean that when I try to use DVD Shrink NERO will refuse to burn after this date.

The version of NERO is the OEM Suite 6

The plug-in will expire but your ability to burn what DVD Shrink encodes shouldn't change. If Nero came bundled with a DVD burner, the option to burn a DVD shouldn't disappear which is what DVD shrink uses. When using dvdshrink you won't even have to open nero.
    Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
    Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.

Received via PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by icecake
    Hello again,

I would like to know something and maybe you can help.

I have NERO OEM SUITE 6 that was bundled with my DVD burner and it has a demo version of the DVD plug-in which terminates on the 27th January 2005, I would imagine that when I use say DVDXCOPY XPRESS or even DVD SHRINK that it uses NERO to do the copying, does that mean that after the 27th January 2005 when I use those other back up programmes that they wont work after that date because the DVD PLUG-IN will have expired?

I am worried about this, I am thinking that perhaps it might still work as those back up programmes do a decryption first, and also I am not executing NERO at the beginning, it's just that NERO I believe is being used to do the burning, what are your opinions?
    Although you will no longer be able to burn DVD's after the plug-in expires, you will still be able to use Nero to burn CD's. I am not familiar w/ DVDXCOPY XPRESS or DVD SHRINK, so I can't say whether they will continue to work after the plug-in expires.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Humilliation
    The plug-in will expire but your ability to burn what DVD Shrink encodes shouldn't change. If Nero came bundled with a DVD burner, the option to burn a DVD shouldn't disappear which is what DVD shrink uses. When using dvdshrink you won't even have to open nero.
    I tried going back to my old Nero Express that came bundled with my old CD/RW drive and used dxdxcopy xpress to back up a DVD, it copied but when I played it back on my DVD stand alone player the vision rate did not look very good, but recordings were ok when I previously had the Nero 6 OEM version, so it looks like the newer version has better drivers.

Can you perhaps let me know what you would recommend software wise, like for instance should I go for the Nero 6 Re-loaded and would that have unlimited DVD plug in capabilities?

I see that Ahead Nero have a download for sale via email if you want to upgrade, I always thought it's better to go for the actual CD software.

Any ideas please.

Go to a retailer, buy the software package. Or buy it online and they ship it to you. The plugins for the Reloaded Version 6 will work, since you have paid for them, the OEM is the cut-down version.

Quote Originally Posted by Humilliation
    Yup this is bang on the money (by way of confirmation as despite this reply it'd appear that iceman wanted to ask hudonsmith directly for some reason ? ) .. I don't have the dvd plugin from nero & dvd shrink works just fine - it effectively replaces this module (you just do everything inside dvdshrink - generally its about two clicks to make it work - I love it !), by dvdshrink using nero to do the burning bit