First suggestion then Richard !!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First suggestion then Richard !!!!

First suggestion then Richard !!!!

Err 'announcements' don't show up on the two links most folks use to keep track of whats happening, which are view new posts & view posts last 48 hours

So perhaps a 'sticky' in comments & suggestions to keep us all up to date ?

Looks to me like it's a sticky in every forum -ed.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Looks to me like it's a sticky in every forum -ed.
    Aye .. they all just popped up too - but if I hadn't been being nosey & reading the who's online bit, I wouldn't have seen any of 'em .. I didn't even know this BBS version had 'announcements' - apparently it does..

By my interpretation of Richard1's announcement, he wants us all to get along as before. And basically my input is: EVERYONE GET OFF OF HIS BACK! He's just a new squirrel trying to get a nut. No different than any of us, except that he actually gets paid to be here, and he’s got a few new rules to enforce. That's kind of cool in itself, and we should all respect that. Turn off your cynicism boys; everything is going to be just fine.

As it stands, I kind of like the minor mystery. Bottom line is, he’s not changed anything big yet, except the Friday thread, and I’ve noticed foul language has gone down a bit. That’s something we can talk about all week before Friday hits…he might have a soft place in his heart for a soft place, if you get what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    By my interpretation of Richard1's announcement, he wants us all to get along as before. And basically my input is: EVERYONE GET OFF OF HIS BACK! He's just a new squirrel trying to get a nut. No different than any of us, except that he actually gets paid to be here, and he’s got a few new rules to enforce. That's kind of cool in itself, and we should all respect that. Turn off your cynicism boys; everything is going to be just fine.

As it stands, I kind of like the minor mystery. Bottom line is, he’s not changed anything big yet, except the Friday thread, and I’ve noticed foul language has gone down a bit. That’s something we can talk about all week before Friday hits…he might have a soft place in his heart for a soft place, if you get what I mean.
    We're geeks. We're supposed to fear change.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    We're geeks. We're supposed to fear change.
    Especially if it bans you without warning.

I'm all for giving Richard1 the benefit of the doubt and time to get adjusted to the WD suroundings. I mean no disrespect.

As long as we can find out exactly what is happening there should be no problem at all.

Thing is, I'm not under the impression that a lot of people were aware of his arrival (even among the current mods) and his moderating style was - shall we say - abrupt when put into practice.

As it stands, we have very little information about the status of WD apart from what Richard1 has been repeating since the weekend now.

Still, like I said, we'll have to wait.

Meanwhile, perhaps Richard1 could take a look over at these questions and comments when he has a chance.
    Last edited by a d e p t; December 13th, 2004 at 04:43 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Here's my suggestion...

Can we make all post counts ZERO and start again please? Or remove them altogether.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Quote Originally Posted by gazzak
    Here's my suggestion...

Can we make all post counts ZERO and start again please? Or remove them altogether.

I'm curious.

What purpose would that serve, exactly?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I just think Richard1 should to get to know this place a little better before he starts hitting the "ban" button on people. It's not nice to ban people just because you can.
    Hello World

My personal satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by gazzak
    My personal satisfaction.

No voting then, just your happiness?

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    No voting then, just your happiness?
    Absolutely. Today is my selfish day

I wonder if the new admins are not saying much in reply to the questions because...

1> They are doing the "behind the scenes admin who doesn't say much in order to add the element of mystery in an attempt to appear cool" thing.

or

2> They have been told by their managers not to become involved in discussion on these boards. Especially the off-topic discussion.

or

3> They just plain don't have the answers to all the questions at the moment.

or

4> They (unlike many of us) actually have a lot of work to do and just don't have the time. Naw,.. I seriously doubt this is it.
    Hello World

Banned
    hey move the compliant box closer to the paper shredder..
    in fact get fancy intergrate the paper shredder inside the complaint box , and move it closer to the shipping dept so we dont have to lug all the packing material when we need to ship out some ebay junk...

the moral of to kill a mocking bird is what?>

just because yorue big , yoru are bad and can kill a small bird , doesent make it right ..
    story i got punched in the face when i was in 8th grade ..
    i walked over to that person and asked him why he did that.. blood running down my face , i got sucker punched ...
    but i had the nads to say something rather then swing back..
    he approached me the day after me nervous, sweating nife almost in my hand he bought me lunch and said nobody ever did that to me before ,
    as i gained respect .. respect is something you earn ..
    btw that person had a reason , he also bought me lunch like annytime he had money ....and became a good freind ...
    moral of the story is you earn respect ...

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amcfreek
    hey move the compliant box closer to the paper shredder..
    in fact get fancy intergrate the paper shredder inside the complaint box , and move it closer to the shipping dept so we dont have to lug all the packing material when we need to ship out some ebay junk...

the moral of to kill a mocking bird is what?>

just because yorue big , yoru are bad and can kill a small bird , doesent make it right ..
    story i got punched in the face when i was in 8th grade ..
    i walked over to that person and asked him why he did that.. blood running down my face , i got sucker punched ...
    but i had the nads to say something rather then swing back..
    he approached me the day after me nervous, sweating nife almost in my hand he bought me lunch and said nobody ever did that to me before ,
    as i gained respect .. respect is something you earn ..
    btw that person had a reason , he also bought me lunch like annytime he had money ....and became a good freind ...
    moral of the story is you earn respect ...
    As always, I have no freakin clue what AMC just said.....
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-