The Official Goodbye to Scott Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Goodbye to Scott Thread

The Official Goodbye to Scott Thread

Dear Scott

Thank you for creating Windrivers. It is very sad that you are moving on, but that's life isn't it?

I personally hope that you will continue to post to let us know how you are doing and where your going away party is!

Thanks to you I have the Microsoft MVP - something that has rewarded me personally for the hours I put in. Yes, alot of people contributed to it, Platypus suggesting it, RGHarper following it up, others encouraging me to take part in it and of course the people asking questions! But none of it could have happened if you hadn't come up with Windrivers.

Best Wishes for your and yours now and for the future.

Bev

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members of Windrivers

Please feel free to post your message to Scott, but please remember the new rules.

I hope to email this thread to Scott - it's kinda hard to get you all to sign a leaving card personally - although the trip would be great!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Dear Scott

Thank you for creating Windrivers. It is very sad that you are moving on, but that's life isn't it?

I personally hope that you will continue to post to let us know how you are doing and where your going away party is.
    Sweet sentiment Noo.
    I thank you as well Scott!! I mean, at this time in my life, I pretty much have no life except for here. But, that is my choice; and I, for one, chose to become part of the community that YOU started! And: I am better for it. Thank you so much...even though I never knew you like many old timers here, I still really appreciate what you created!!!!

Thanks for this place & good luck in whatever you're up to now.

Have a beer
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Boy, you really started something *this* time, Scott!

Best of luck in whatever you do, and try to let us know how it is going for you, on occasion, eh?

Thanks for setting all of this up.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Senior Member - 1000+ Club Outcoded's Avatar
    Somewhere in the UK, never quite sure where
    Thanks for the site, and your hard work over the years. Well done on all that's been achieved so far, and most of all, good luck for the future.

(And if you ever need a driver, you know where we are )
    I'm in charge and I say we blow it up

All the Best Scott and thanks.....

Don't forget to pop back and see us from time to time!

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Thanks for what you created, it's turned into a fun place to hang out and has been helpful on so many levels.

If it wasn't for Windrivers for example:

I wouldn't have found a decent pub to go drinking in in London

Trip wouldn't have had as much fun at the local Oktoberfest (especially not with the lovely Ms Oktoberfest )

I wouldn't have known that an evil snakey dictator could drop the sibilancy at a moments notice

Oh, and there were a few times when I actually posted a tech question that I got immediate help on, almost forgot about those
    Bollocks

Well Scott, I don't claim to know you well, but looking at this great place you created and way you've treated the great people who stay here, (thanks for bailing me out of my sea of confusion), you seem a pretty standup guy, so good luck on whatever you decide to do next, I'm sure it'll be a gem.
    God Bless.
    A why the hell do I have an A in my sig.??

Scott, I do hope you are truly going on to bigger & better things, but the legend of DriverGuy sitting around in his underwear running that obscure driver to ground will live on...

Scott,

I have been around here for several years. Under several names, I have posted here and considered this my tech home. I don't recall how I found this site but I am glad I did.

Thank you for everything.

Good luck in your future adventures.

-Lar

Internet Linebacker
    Scott,

It's been great. For 5 years, this site saved my sanity, whether it was being able to track down a hard to find driver, or blowing off some steam here in the lounge when I was going nuts at work.

It won't be the same without you. It really won't.

Take care, and good luck in all you do.

Jay

Thanks Scott, for putting up with all the avatar requests and for creating the Tech News setion, a final act that made my life alot easier

Also it really is a wonderful place you have created here, we wont ever forget you! Hope you come back here often.

Zuhair

So dude, no windrivers guy, no more jokes about his windrivererness to do, sad day ..

Thanks for the chance to learn some stuff, teach some stuff, help some folks & blow off plenty of steam , so yeah like Noo says thank you for creating WD !

I hope things can go well for you in whatever you turn to next, I know for sure how much WD was a part of your real life at various times over the years & how its changed as you had to adapt to 'commercial life' at WD due to life's practicalities .. come back & visit - you've got some work to do on your post count now you can't fix it anymore !

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    I stumbled on this site back in 98, and have been addicted ever since. This site is a great resource for both tech support and for just relaxing and chatting with fellow techs from around the globe.

It sucks to see you go, and I have a feeling things will never be the same at this site again, but hopefully we'll still hear from you from time to time.

Good luck in whatever is "bigger and better"

This is not a goodbye letter
    I strongly belive that We will meet someday, in another website or another forum.
    And Maybe, just Maybe - we cold meet in person.
    Thank you for providing the grounds for what i call "the most techie website there is".

May this place live long and prosper

In a well known hebrew phrase,
    "SHALOM HAVER" (this is only a kiss...)

(Shalom Haver - Goodbye friend. US President Bill Clinton used this phrase when
    Saying goodbye to PM Yitzhak Rabin who was murdered in 95)
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence