Problems after reformatting....

Thread: Problems after reformatting....

Problems after reformatting....

Hi,

just before buggering off on his travels my flatmate decided to reformat our computer and install xp as it previously had millenium on it, since then i've had to try and reinstall the drivers for the graphics card etc (without knowing the exact models) and can't seem to find the right set of drivers to get the computer running properly as its taking practically twice as long to open/run anything, video's play slower than the sound etc and the cpu is at 100% regardless of what is or isn't running....and now if i try and uninstall the nvidia drivers or reinstall them the blue screen of death comes up with driver_irql_not_less_than_equal

so it basically seems fooked!

i've run belarc advisor and also got everest for what its worth..i just don't know enough to sort it out...help!?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brooksie
    Hi,

just before buggering off on his travels my flatmate decided to reformat our computer and install xp as it previously had millenium on it, since then i've had to try and reinstall the drivers for the graphics card etc (without knowing the exact models) and can't seem to find the right set of drivers to get the computer running properly as its taking practically twice as long to open/run anything, video's play slower than the sound etc and the cpu is at 100% regardless of what is or isn't running....and now if i try and uninstall the nvidia drivers or reinstall them the blue screen of death comes up with driver_irql_not_less_than_equal

so it basically seems fooked!

i've run belarc advisor and also got everest for what its worth..i just don't know enough to sort it out...help!?
    ok , lid off time ,remove the casing and look at the m/board ,,,for make/model ,,

everest , should give this info under the section marked motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by freddy
    ok , lid off time ,remove the casing and look at the m/board ,,,for make/model ,,

everest , should give this info under the section marked motherboard?
    cool, thanx for the quick response!
    right...AMD Athlon XP 1600, Motherboard name MSI K7N420 Pro, nvidia-nforce 6A61AM4AC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brooksie
    cool, thanx for the quick response!
    right...AMD Athlon XP 1600, Motherboard name MSI K7N420 Pro, nvidia-nforce 6A61AM4AC
    like this http://www.msicomputer.com/product/d.../k7n420pro.htm

drivers @ http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...?UID=10&kind=1

cheers mang, it installed the display drivers no probs, but when i tried to do the other drivers it installed up to the ethernet part and crashed, got the blue screen with the message:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    *STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X00000000, 0X00000007,0X00000000,0XF9CFF25A)
    *NVENET.SYS - ADDRESS F9CFF25A BASE AT F9CFD000, DATESTAMP 4018C83C

Then when i restart the computer it gives something about checking a FAT32 file for consistancy....and something about a file with volume serial num 3e12 -1cF9

help!?

also(!), hopefully these are related but in device manager it says there are no drivers for my multimedia controller and multimedia video controller...

all helps much appreciated as its doing my head in now!

if you follow the link Freddy already provided it leads to this driver download page

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    if you follow the link Freddy already provided it leads to this driver download page
    sure, but when i try to download the drivers it crashes during the ethernet stage as i put above...i'm stuck after that!!

should i delete nvenet.sys from my drivers before trying to install the driver pack?
    Last edited by brooksie; December 18th, 2004 at 03:59 PM.