internet gateway connection

Thread: internet gateway connection

internet gateway connection

Hi, I'm running a wired/wireless network with 3 machines. the cable modem is wired to the wired router as is one xp machine. the wired router is wired into the wireless router. a win98 is wired into the wireless router and the 3rd machine connects wirelessly is running xp.

under internet connections sometimes I get an internet gateway connection and sometimes it just goes away. seems to be there when i boot up and if I restart the service 'network connections' it sometimes starts back up (that is I can view the internet gateway). I seem to have internect connectivity whether this is showing or not.

Also, on network connections when you disable or enable a connection the status usually changes automatically. Sometimes you have to go and do a refresh. Not quite sure what's going on there.

transfer rates on edonkey always seem real low but I was able to pass the connectivity test when I did port triggering on the wired router. I tried to use forwarding on both the wired and wireless router but was not able to make that work. Is that a problem?

all suggestions welcomed. thanks.

Registered User Rifleman @ Layman's PC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rss
    Hi, I'm running a wired/wireless network with 3 machines. the cable modem is wired to the wired router as is one xp machine. the wired router is wired into the wireless router. a win98 is wired into the wireless router and the 3rd machine connects wirelessly is running xp.

under internet connections sometimes I get an internet gateway connection and sometimes it just goes away. seems to be there when i boot up and if I restart the service 'network connections' it sometimes starts back up (that is I can view the internet gateway). I seem to have internect connectivity whether this is showing or not.

Also, on network connections when you disable or enable a connection the status usually changes automatically. Sometimes you have to go and do a refresh. Not quite sure what's going on there.

transfer rates on edonkey always seem real low but I was able to pass the connectivity test when I did port triggering on the wired router. I tried to use forwarding on both the wired and wireless router but was not able to make that work. Is that a problem?

all suggestions welcomed. thanks.

Turn off UPnP in the router's setup utility. That will eliminate it from coming up. It is not needed and some call it a security risk.
    Those who do not know, are lost...