READ: How to unlock your "cut down" video card

Thread: READ: How to unlock your "cut down" video card

READ: How to unlock your "cut down" video card

What we consider as a "cut down" version of a video card is a product that uses the same GPU chip (Graphical Processing Unit) a high-end card has, but placed on a low-end card with some functions of the chip disabled. An example of this is the 6200-based series video cards that are actually using a standard 6600/6600GT core, but instead of 8 pixel pipelines, on the 6200 only half of them are working, the other four are disabled.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Link = teh dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Warning: mysql_db_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/marek/gameguru.box.sk/top.php3 on line 23

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/marek/gameguru.box.sk/top.php3 on line 24

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: addscreens() in /home/marek/gameguru.box.sk/top.php3 on line 30
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I wonder if these "cut down" cards are actually OEM cards? Yeah? No? Recently I got a GeForce 4 as a replacement card for one of the engineers at work. It didn't look like any of the GeForce 4's I've seen out of the retail box. Just a basic card with a simple fan on it.
    Hello World

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I wonder if these "cut down" cards are actually OEM cards? Yeah? No? Recently I got a GeForce 4 as a replacement card for one of the engineers at work. It didn't look like any of the GeForce 4's I've seen out of the retail box. Just a basic card with a simple fan on it.
    I think yer confused there wrrby, they are talking about how the 6200's are the same GPU as the 6600 with pipes disabled and lower freq, and how the 6800 is the same as the 6800 Ultra just with less pipes.

Not about OEM cards being stripped

Or am I just cofused as to what you are saying?
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    I think yer confused there wrrby, they are talking about how the 6200's are the same GPU as the 6600 with pipes disabled and lower freq, and how the 6800 is the same as the 6800 Ultra just with less pipes.

Not about OEM cards being stripped

Or am I just cofused as to what you are saying?
    No, you're not confused. That is what I was saying. I was just trying to figure out if that is what a cut down card is but you answered it so I get it now.
    Hello World

Just like the 9800 Pro and its better. Just pipelines disabled, cheap and neat trick, till it gets out.