can't find a driver for a cable modem

Thread: can't find a driver for a cable modem

Post can't find a driver for a cable modem

I've got a Dell system, Win98SE, and a Terayon tj210 cable modem. Everything worked great until I had to reload Win98 (long story). Now my device manager has a "Turbonet Cable Modem Ethernet Adapter" without a driver and I have no clue where to find one. I've checked all CDs from Dell and Terayon, nothing there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Must not strangle users. Repeat. Must not strangle users.

Must not firebomb companies that fail to post their drivers in a PUBLIC forum. Repeat. Must not firebomb companies that fail to post their drivers in a PUBLIC forum.

Gee, cause those of us without an account there can't actually get to any of the tech support sections.

Fixed anyway, required reloading a USB driver. Since it already had a driver it just took a while to figure that out.

glad to see that you figured it all out, If you ever lose the disk and need a replacement let me know..... we used those modems for awhile and most of them i hooked up through the rj45 port and i have several hundred of the 210 drivers.....
    just e mail and i can ship one if ever needed
    CMT
    HUNGRY?.....UNEMPLOYED?.....EAT YOUR F#%$ING
    JAP CAR!!!!!!!

Thanks much. Shame the actual cable company couldn't help except to schedule a service call. If only they were all as helpful...

Terayon TJ210 USB Drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Cable Modem Tech
    glad to see that you figured it all out, If you ever lose the disk and need a replacement let me know..... we used those modems for awhile and most of them i hooked up through the rj45 port and i have several hundred of the 210 drivers.....
    just e mail and i can ship one if ever needed
    CMT
    Hi, Do you have the usb driver for running the TJ210 on Win2K. If so, please could you send it through.

Many thanks

Welcome to WinDrivers Mr. Churchill and congratulations on reopening a 3-year old thread In the future, it would probably be better to start a new thread.

The usb driver for your modem appears to be located here: http://www.terayon.com/tools/files/v...=20&cat_id=H.5 I know it says xp, but it seems to have instructions for 2k and 9x as well. If you are connecting via ethernet, you do not need a driver.