Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Steelers = Homefield advantage!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    But half the starting team sat out!!
    No sheet...what's up with that?

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shamus
    No sheet...what's up with that?
    Smart, conservative playoff thinking, that's what!

Internet Linebacker
    I would have loved to see Buffalo take down the "mighty" Steelers in a real game!!
    That would never happen. The Bills might be on a winning streak, but they've beaten some pretty damn horrible teams in that streak - Seattle, Miami, Cleveland, SF...Cinci's the best team they've faced, and they've started to fall apart since they lost Carson Palmer. Pitt's played a lot tougher defenses than Buffalo's, and had no problem with them. And with Burress back, they're pretty much unstoppable. No way does Buffalo beat the Burgh if they're playing they're first stringers.

But half the starting team sat out!! Just like when the Steelers play the Bills on Sunday.
    Too bad, too. I would have loved to see Buffalo take down the "mighty" Steelers in a real game!!
    they might not take down the mighty steelers even in an exhibition game on sunday.

guys on the bench have stepped up all year long. staley will get some reps to get ready for the playoffs and Haynes will get a lot of carries. he had 61 yards on just 8 carries against the ravens and their supposed great defense. With the way pittsburghs season has went I wouldn't be shocked at all if they still won.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Internet Linebacker
    Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    they might not take down the mighty steelers even in an exhibition game on sunday.

guys on the bench have stepped up all year long. staley will get some reps to get ready for the playoffs and Haynes will get a lot of carries. he had 61 yards on just 8 carries against the ravens and their supposed great defense. With the way pittsburghs season has went I wouldn't be shocked at all if they still won.
    And some of those guys have outplayed the starters, too. No way do I even think about giving Chad Scott the start over Willie Williams at this point. Kendrell "Hot Tub" Bell can walk for all I care, Larry Foote has really stepped up his game. And it's gonna be hard to make a case for Haggans getting his job back the way Harrison's played...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    And it's gonna be hard to make a case for Haggans getting his job back the way Harrison's played...
    yeah it's weird seeing that number 92 jersey flying around making plays. It's been so long since I've seen it I had forgotten what it looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X
    That would never happen. The Bills might be on a winning streak, but they've beaten some pretty damn horrible teams in that streak - Seattle, Miami, Cleveland, SF...Cinci's the best team they've faced, and they've started to fall apart since they lost Carson Palmer. Pitt's played a lot tougher defenses than Buffalo's, and had no problem with them. And with Burress back, they're pretty much unstoppable. No way does Buffalo beat the Burgh if they're playing they're first stringers.
    They beat the Jets, too. But, yeah, I wonder about their lack of quality wins, too. The Jets are the same. The Bills got whooped by the Pats twice this year. But, this is a different team now with McGahee, and Bledsoe not having to be super man. In fact, the Bills have an offense like the Burgh now. Run, run, run. And Bledsoe playing the same part Ben does: multiple short passes mixed in.
    Anyway, I still would have liked for it to have meant something for the Steelers this Sunday. I would have liked to have seen just how the Bills would handle a real quality team at this point in the year.

Banned
    Pitt would have lost to my Texans

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Pitt would have lost to my Texans

OOOOOH that's the best joke I've heard all day. thanks cleetus

so is rottenberger gonna sit or what?
    It's good to be the King.

Quote Originally Posted by King Grover
    most likely he'll sit this week. we should know more in about 40 minutes or so when the chin has the weekly press conference. all indications point to him resting for this week, the bye week, then maybe even limited practice the following week before starting the playoff game.

According to his wife, Bill's sitting him this week.
    Last edited by 3fingersalute; December 28th, 2004 at 12:26 PM.

Banned
    Everytime the Steelers have played the TExans they have lost

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    most likely he'll sit this week. we should know more in about 40 minutes or so when the chin has the weekly press conference. all indications point to him resting for this week, the bye week, then maybe even limited practice the following week before starting the playoff game.

it's stupid coaching decisons like that that will cost them their shot at the championship. Same thing with McNabb and the Eagles. Why wood you rest your main guy for that long and then expect him to jsut pick up where he left off after having all that rest. They referred to it last night. It's like: your car is running fantastic and hot and the best it ever has, so in preparation, you turn it off. Only problem is that it gets harder to tune in the next time you start it up again. break the streak and end the hotness and you wil not suceed. I'm sorry, but Indy is going to the superbowl not Pittsburgh.
    It's good to be the King.

it's stupid coaching decisons like that that will cost them their shot at the championship. Same thing with McNabb and the Eagles. Why wood you rest your main guy for that long and then expect him to jsut pick up where he left off after having all that rest. They referred to it last night. It's like: your car is running fantastic and hot and the best it ever has, so in preparation, you turn it off. Only problem is that it gets harder to tune in the next time you start it up again. break the streak and end the hotness and you wil not suceed. I'm sorry, but Indy is going to the superbowl not Pittsburgh.
    I think you give him off a week, no different than a bye week, rather than risk getting him waylaid before the playoffs.