Hey guys,

I recently got an HP Pavilion zv5330us laptop for Christmas (bought at COMPUSA). The specifications note that the laptop comes with three USB 2.0 ports and the OS is Windows XP Home Edition.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/h...me=product.cgi

I have a copy of Windows XP Pro so I formatted the hard drive, installed XP Pro, did windows update until there were no more updates, and then installed their drivers CD. Unfortunately, my USB 2.0 ports behave like USB 1.1 ports.

I stuck in my external USB 2.0 hard drive and ran a test on each port. A 100megabyte file took more than two minutes to transfer to my hard drive and vice versa from each port.

My old laptop had USB 1.1 ports so I bought a PCMCIA USB 2.0 slot card for it. I stuck it in the Pavilion and plugged the external hard drive in it. Transfers of that 100megabyte file were less than 20 seconds. Now I know there's a problem. HP is of no help -- the ensure me its 2.0 and so does COMPUSA.

Anyone know why the three USB 2.0 ports on the Pavilion are acting like USB 1.1 ports? Better yet, does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks a bunch,
Son