Motherboard Problem

Thread: Motherboard Problem

Motherboard Problem

I have an Abit BX6 MB. I mounted it in the case and everything, but when I hit the power button, there was a tiny spark and it wouldn't turn on. I'm not sure why, as I had mounted it in that same case a few times that day, and it was working fine. I examined the motherboard, and it looks like one of the traces came off near the power connector (I'll try and take a picture of it).

Can it be repaired or is it finished? If I ran solder along the trace to get proper conduction, would that work? Are there any other solutions, or is the MB fried?

Thank you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mallik
    I have an Abit BX6 MB. I mounted it in the case and everything, but when I hit the power button, there was a tiny spark and it wouldn't turn on. I'm not sure why, as I had mounted it in that same case a few times that day, and it was working fine. I examined the motherboard, and it looks like one of the traces came off near the power connector (I'll try and take a picture of it).

Can it be repaired or is it finished? If I ran solder along the trace to get proper conduction, would that work? Are there any other solutions, or is the MB fried?

Thank you.

try solder or a pice of thin wire,

it is obvious tthat the board was shorted out at some stage, and the weakest link was the copper track. when refitting , check for standoffs (brass posts) that should not be there

Knowing this won't help but out of curiousity why did you mount it multiple times?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.