Trojan.ByteVerify & Trojan.Adwaheck (need help)

Thread: Trojan.ByteVerify & Trojan.Adwaheck (need help)

Trojan.ByteVerify & Trojan.Adwaheck (need help)

I hope someone here can help me.

Norton AntiVirus quarantined 4 files related to Trojan.ByteVerify and one file related to Trojan.Adwaheck. But it cannot repair them.

Since then, MS Word will not open any files. It freezes when I try and I have to shut it down with Task Manager. I can, however, open a Word file using My Computer.

Also, Outlook freezes when I try to attach a file to an email message, and I have to close it with TM.

The files involved with Trojan.Byte Verify are:
    1. Installer.class
    2. Dummy.class
    3. InsecureClassLoader.class
    4. GetAccess.class

The file involved with Trojan.Adwaheck is:
    1. Wupdinfo.exe

Are the files in Norton's quarantine causing the Word and Outlook problems?

How do I repair these files?

My OS is W2K Pro. My understanding of system matters is low.

I would so appreciate help with this.

Katherine

Quote Originally Posted by katherine502
    I hope someone here can help me.

Norton AntiVirus quarantined 4 files related to Trojan.ByteVerify and one file related to Trojan.Adwaheck. But it cannot repair them.

Since then, MS Word will not open any files. It freezes when I try and I have to shut it down with Task Manager. I can, however, open a Word file using My Computer.

Also, Outlook freezes when I try to attach a file to an email message, and I have to close it with TM.

The files involved with Trojan.Byte Verify are:
    1. Installer.class
    2. Dummy.class
    3. InsecureClassLoader.class
    4. GetAccess.class

The file involved with Trojan.Adwaheck is:
    1. Wupdinfo.exe

Are the files in Norton's quarantine causing the Word and Outlook problems?

How do I repair these files?

My OS is W2K Pro. My understanding of system matters is low.

I would so appreciate help with this.

Katherine
    Hello katherine502 :

This is really not a trojan virus but rather an exploit of your system. What you need to do is to apply the update patches for security from Microsoft. This should take care of your problem. Please read THIS

That and run a dedicated trojan killer such as a squared available in a free version from www.emsisoft.com
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Registered User Rifleman @ Layman's PC's Avatar
    a free online scanner I've found that'll get allot of the less common viruses and trojans is here > http://www.commandondemand.com/eval/cod/codie.cfm

give it a whirl
    Those who do not know, are lost...

Lightbulb This one works on most viruses I think...

Hi,

I spent 12 hours yesterday trying to get the damn 'Downloader.Trojan' off my computer. [Symantec's most recent update for this is June 2002!]

- It later forces you to receive 'Trojan.ByteVerify' etc., and it safely removed this too in a matter of minutes. (Once I'd found the damn thing, that's why I'm posting it here for you! ;0)

I looked in all the forums, did all the usual 'update your virus definitions' in Norton Antivirus, multiple scans in safe mode, downloaded four 'spyware' softwares, and none of it worked!

The only thing I managed to get to work was the 'Trojan Eliminator'! Go to this URL and download it FR~EE for 30 days. (Though I'd bookmark it too, 'cos if you get another trojan it will save you trying to find it again! ;o)

http://www.alarural.com/rd/trojan_eliminator.html

Let me know if you need any help with it. (I don't think it will be named the same, but my exe file was called: xqexwbx.exe and was in the WINDOWS main directory C:\WINDOWS\xqexbx.exe)

Hope it helps!

Kyle