SBS 2003 and NTBackup!

Thread: SBS 2003 and NTBackup!

SBS 2003 and NTBackup!

NTBackup is driving me to despair! If I create a backup schedule using the Server Administration GUI then when the schedule starts it tries but fails to run bkprunner.exe (The log states that it could not find script.bks - even though it created it by virtue of the backup wizard and it exists!). If I create a backup schedule "manually" via start/all programs/accessories/system tools then the backup will run overnight and appears as finished in the morning but will not run the following night. If in the morning after the successful backup I open task manger and look at the processes running I find that ntbackup.exe is listed as a running process with 0 cpu and 200k memory usage. Ending the process allows the backup to run the next night.

Backup is conducted to a network drive and when the backup is used to restore it runs perfectly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

NTBackup

I have had different issues with ntbackup over the years and versions. I now recommend using either Tapeware or Veritas depending on how big the company is. I know this hasn't been much help to you but I hope the best for your issue.
    To each his/her own.