Best Buy! ARRRRRGH!!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy! ARRRRRGH!!!!

Best Buy! ARRRRRGH!!!!

I hate Best Buy!!! I've been in there twice to buy this new subwoofer that was on sale for $100. Each time the line has been all the way to the back of the store and even though there were no customers in the audio department, there were no employees either! After waiting twenty minutes with nobody even acknowledging my existance, I left. Came back a couple days later and got the same treatment.

So best buy can officially go f*** themselves. I should have just gone to Tweeter in the first place. More money than I wanted to spend, but at least I'll be happy. They say hi the second you walk in the door.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    I hate Best Buy!!! I've been in there twice to buy this new subwoofer that was on sale for $100. Each time the line has been all the way to the back of the store and even though there were no customers in the audio department, there were no employees either! After waiting twenty minutes with nobody even acknowledging my existance, I left. Came back a couple days later and got the same treatment.

So best buy can officially go f*** themselves. I should have just gone to Tweeter in the first place. More money than I wanted to spend, but at least I'll be happy. They say hi the second you walk in the door.
    Hmm, I don't shop there often, but the few times I have I actually got the exact opposite treatment, I couldn't even look at stuff myself without them badgering me, kind of reminded me of Radio Shack.

Of course! Tweeter is commisson sales!
    "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!"

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Of course! Tweeter is commisson sales!
    I don't mind commission if it means I'll be happy when I leave.

True, true. Just don't work there! (Or at Worst Buy!)
    "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!"

Today, a haiku:

Google, you f**ktard
    my fingers are so weary
    of repeating crap

I forgot to mention that the price jumped from $99 up to $159 also.

I forgot to mention that the price jumped from $99 up to $159 also.
    Dude, you paid 60% more for the item, just to be better served? If you already knew what you wanted, and you were at best buy, all you have to do to get served is play the Matrix at full volume from one of the listening areas...someone will be there to assist you Very quickly when the speakers are crackin'. For even faster service, bring in your own 2-Live Crew! And it's worth it to save the 60% markup you just wasted!!!

Gotta agree with you there. Every time I've gone there, its just been trouble.
    Hmmmmm.....back for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Dude, you paid 60% more for the item, just to be better served? If you already knew what you wanted, and you were at best buy, all you have to do to get served is play the Matrix at full volume from one of the listening areas...someone will be there to assist you Very quickly when the speakers are crackin'. For even faster service, bring in your own 2-Live Crew! And it's worth it to save the 60% markup you just wasted!!!
    I'm sorry Ya_Know. Did you lose your glasses? I didn't buy it. I mentioned that earlier. But in addition to all the other things pissing me off, the price shot up. No, I didn't buy it, and I won't. I'll just spend the extra money on a better sub.

Everytime I look at xbox games at Bestbuy they suspiciously come over to "help" me. I look young for my age and since my hair has grown out a bit plus the goatee/California tree hugging hippy look,... I think, they think, I'm a young punk trying to shoplift or something. They suck. I like Fry's. When you get within 10 feet of a Fry's employee, they run away as fast as they can. It's nice. Very peaceful to shop there.
    Hello World

Never had any problems at BestBuy (then again, I am never looking for help there) but whenever i go to Lowes Hardware with a friend of mine we can either never find an employee or find one that is actually in their department. One time he actually walked to the front of the store and screamed out he was on fire and no one still came to help him. It was pretty funny.

I've never had a problem when I have been there without him, and all their employees seem over quailified without him. They just seem to know more than a Lowe's employee should....
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    I like Fry's. When you get within 10 feet of a Fry's employee, they run away as fast as they can. It's nice. Very peaceful to shop there.
    I think that is the problem Meat is having with Best Buy so i don't know if he would agree with you
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

I'm sorry Ya_Know. Did you lose your glasses? I didn't buy it. I mentioned that earlier. But in addition to all the other things pissing me off, the price shot up. No, I didn't buy it, and I won't. I'll just spend the extra money on a better sub.
    I was going to point out that a $100 subwoofer isn't worth the time money or electricity you were about to use on it. What did it have, an 8" cone? You should look for something that will shake the room. Higher wattage is very important, that's how you get the hard thump, without all the boom...but I didn't want to offend, since I presumed you were already stupid enough to buy it at 60% more. No hard feelings? :butt:

ya knows right, go buy one of these, buy me one while you're at it huh?
    take care and tempt not the fates