Best Buy! ARRRRRGH!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Buy! ARRRRRGH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    I was going to point out that a $100 subwoofer isn't worth the time money or electricity you were about to use on it. What did it have, an 8" cone? You should look for something that will shake the room. Higher wattage is very important, that's how you get the hard thump, without all the boom...but I didn't want to offend, since I presumed you were already stupid enough to buy it at 60% more. No hard feelings? :butt:
    No prob. I was just gonna get it because I had a $50 gift card there and no subwoofer now. But the boss just handed out the bonus I didn't know I was getting, so I might go get this nice Polk Audio unit over at tweeter. 250 Watt for $299.

Banned
    If I ever have a problem with someone helping me in a certain area, I just hunt down the first person in Blue and tell them to come help me as I know what I want, if they give lip I demand a manager, which will lead to extremeely good service and no waiting in line afterwards. Dude, if you really wanted it why were you such a puss and not go get what you want.

But I do agree with Ya_know, what was it a 6" sub?

Just a thought...

I have a few questions.

Have you ever worked retail?

If so have you work during the holidays?

The long line moves faster then you think!

Did you ask for help? It is VERY VERY rare for that dept to go that long with nobody in it.

Also if someone comes up to you asking to help you, mabey they are TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!! or you did something that seemed suspisious.

before you throw your stones. think if you were in there shoes.
    I like trafic lights

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey
    Just a thought...

I have a few questions.

Have you ever worked retail?

If so have you work during the holidays?

The long line moves faster then you think!

Did you ask for help? It is VERY VERY rare for that dept to go that long with nobody in it.

Also if someone comes up to you asking to help you, mabey they are TRYING TO HELP YOU!!!! or you did something that seemed suspisious.

before you throw your stones. think if you were in there shoes.
    Yep, I've worked in retail. And right now I work in a small shop. We have a rule. Customers are acknowleged within a minute of walking in the door. Period. No matter how busy we are we at the very least stop for a second to say hello and that someone will be with them shortly. I bust my *** making sure the customers get taken care of at my shop and I expect the same when I go out.

The line didn't worry me too much because this is the only time of year when there are actually more than 3 people running the cash registers. I know better than to go to Best Buy, but I get suckered in to the low price crap just like at Wal-Mart. Then I end up going somewhere else and paying more and being happy. It's my own stupid fault. So I'll go somewhere else and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Yep, I've worked in retail. And right now I work in a small shop. We have a rule. Customers are acknowleged within a minute of walking in the door. Period. No matter how busy we are we at the very least stop for a second to say hello and that someone will be with them shortly. I bust my *** making sure the customers get taken care of at my shop and I expect the same when I go out.

The line didn't worry me too much because this is the only time of year when there are actually more than 3 people running the cash registers. I know better than to go to Best Buy, but I get suckered in to the low price crap just like at Wal-Mart. Then I end up going somewhere else and paying more and being happy. It's my own stupid fault. So I'll go somewhere else and buy it.
    Buy it online. I was looking at a few Yamaha receivers recently, both at best buy and Sound Advice, both stores were at least $100 more then the total shipped prices I was seeing on the web, and the higher you went on the model, the greater the savings! Because it's not a real storefront, price match guarantees won't work, so you can't even go in and haggle the price down at the retail chains. I haven't got it yet, still researching the online vendor, I don't want to get ripped off. But it's real simple, use the retail chains to get scoped on the product, by model number, and search the web later for the best price!

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Buy it online. I was looking at a few Yamaha receivers recently, both at best buy and Sound Advice, both stores were at least $100 more then the total shipped prices I was seeing on the web, and the higher you went on the model, the greater the savings! Because it's not a real storefront, price match guarantees won't work, so you can't even go in and haggle the price down at the retail chains. I haven't got it yet, still researching the online vendor, I don't want to get ripped off. But it's real simple, use the retail chains to get scoped on the product, by model number, and search the web later for the best price!
    That's what I'm starting to think. This is the one I'm looking at right now, but they don't offer it online. I haven't really figured out why.

http://www.tweeter.com/product/index...entPage=family

That's what I'm starting to think. This is the one I'm looking at right now, but they don't offer it online. I haven't really figured out why.

if you're buying a sub, it needs to thump out the bottom, period. nothing like good bass to rattle the floor imho, it adds to the overall effect. and i wouldn't go lower than 10 inches...let me rephrase that...the speaker thingamajig should not be smaller than 10 inches
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Dude, 8 inches...Sure it's got a little power, but a true sub should be 12, or 15 inches, at least 200 watts, 500 is desierable. Look around, I think you're stuck on one brand. Where was that one the other dude was talking about...[/looking back]

Banned
    It all really depends on the size of the room. Hell, I don't even have my 10 plugged in anymore as it would over kill my room, let alone the entire apartment, or complex. In my last place we had a massive living room, it was perfect.

Check this one out, this is the Manufacturers spec's for the beast:
    http://www.cerwinvega.com/products/p...ax/psx-36.html

Here's two different price hunter pages:

http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_...sterid=3843762
    http://www.epinions.com/pr-Cerwin_Vega_PSX-36_Speaker

hey meat, i don't know how you feel about buying used or demos, but i've used audiogon.com a bunch of times. i picked up my center channel and rear surrounds, and my parents whole system (reciever, speakers, sub) without a hassle. you may want to check it out
    take care and tempt not the fates

Crap, I just realized that one uses 1/4 inch input jacks...I'll keep looking for a home audio piece, instead of pro. but, that said you can convert 1/4 inch to RCA real easy, and you always get great performance out of the pro equipment...

I gots one of these in my basement, and you can feel it up on the third floor (with main vol about -36db). Sounds like it's thundering outside.

edit: doesn't look like they make that one anymore. But they do have the 700 and 900.
    Wives are like jobs,

It's easier to find one when you already have one

Yeah. I'm gonna take a step back and re-evaluate this whole thing.

I hate Best Buy!!! I've been in there twice to buy this new subwoofer that was on sale for $100. Each time the line has been all the way to the back of the store and even though there were no customers in the audio department, there were no employees either! After waiting twenty minutes with nobody even acknowledging my existance, I left. Came back a couple days later and got the same treatment.

So best buy can officially go f*** themselves. I should have just gone to Tweeter in the first place. More money than I wanted to spend, but at least I'll be happy. They say hi the second you walk in the door.
    To Bad your not a " JILL "

One of our daughters worked there between college classes.
    She was a personal shopper. They Train the employees on QUOTE: How to Spot a " Jill "
    A Jill Is a Female,Fairly well in tune with soccer mom fashion. 2 kids, In a Hurry, And has 30,000+ a year in disposable income. Generally Blonde,
    Fairly dim-witted , And takes salesmens advice as gospil .

When I go to Best Buy,, I grab my item,, Run straight to the personal shopper desk,, Politely say, " Hi,, I know Im Not A " JILL " But, could you please ring me out quickly,, My Porsche Boxer is double parked !
    Generally Outta there in under 10 mins.
    Trout