Messed up, yo - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Messed up, yo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    i must be an unlucky one who has actually met a real preacher, or even for that matter, some real christians. people who care more for you than they do themselves, who want your well-being above anything else, and who condone the sin without condoning the sinner. people who you can trust to be there for you, at their own loss sometimes. selfless, giving, caring individuals that actually give you hope in humanity. all i can say is, when we judge everyone by a few, or even many's actions, then all your saying is that all black men are lazy because you actually worked with one that was. those same "preachers" you mention would get the same treatment as the scribes and doctors of the law back in Jesus' day, they would still be reprimanded for doing a really bad job of representing God.
    REason why I full out say I am not a good enough person to be a quality preacher and lead people in their faith. I can only speak for myself.

you said it, not me. I'll admit i'm not the most catholic person around but I didn't know about this thing with God only being in some of us and not others.

And I agree there are some major faults in the Catholic religion and many of the members/followings are trying to right them and are getting stonewalled by the, how to say this, Catholic Administration in America who would rather try and forget about the sins of the church even though Vatican II was suppose to give the members of the church more "power" in the church and in the decisions the church makes. Currently what I will refer to as the American Catholic church is trying to sweep that under the rug....
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

So, is this the latest fight thread??

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    REason why I full out say I am not a good enough person to be a quality preacher and lead people in their faith. I can only speak for myself.
    these people weren't born that way cleetus they just had the right kinda help to get there...God-style.
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdfey
    you said it, not me. I'll admit i'm not the most catholic person around but I didn't know about this thing with God only being in some of us and not others.
    I must apologize, I didn't speak well(so what else is new )

I meant that I personally believe that no matter what or who you are, God lives in all of us. It is more of finding him/her in there. Most of the major religions have it mostly right, but as God is the infinite, we can only understand pieces as mere mortals, thus leaving us with many religions that are mostly alike.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    put em up RRR, weez going downtown
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

i didn't see the fight, oh wait, the adept thing, yeah whatever that was, we've pretty much moved on from that. consider it a cameo (sp?) from adept

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Guess so.

I wonder if it's to become the officicial last one, 'cause I'm so tired of this.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    these people weren't born that way cleetus they just had the right kinda help to get there...God-style.
    I'll buy that to an extent, ok.

i didn't see the fight, oh wait, the adept thing, yeah whatever that was, we've pretty much moved on from that. consider it a cameo (sp?) from adept
    Obviously someone hasn't "moved on"...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Guess so.

I wonder if it's to become the officicial last one, 'cause I'm so tired of this.
    Imagine how great the ignore could be if properly used, and not just some trophy to act better then someone.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Handy search feature - looking for an older thread.

Does the fact that I ignore his posts give him licence to slag me openly?
    Certainly not. It did seem a bit nasty of him to bait the way that he did. He said someone called him something, I fell for it and asked him who, and he proceeded with three body blows and a hook to the chin on you. I guess searching for something other than this could easily turn up a hit and I’d be curious too. I just found it odd without the explanation of how you knew your name was mentioned, and wanted to know more.

Cleetus, what gives my brother? Why are you taking cheap shots?

Yes, as you blatantly said that you have no respect for me and then went out and did exactly everything that you blame me for doing, I only figured that it was free game. Lets see, you mocked my belief at every moment, you mock those who don't believe in Jesus, you make up lies about me, you call me a sociopath when you haven't even looked into my eyes, you call me a liar yet isn't it funny that I am the last person anyone thinks makes up a fake persona, you can't get anymore real then what I am. Guess it just scares you as much as it scares confus-ed.

Such a pity.
    The Ignore ban is lifted for now.

Many people are telling me to forget about this and to just completely and truly ignore you - but I'll risk it this once.

I said I did not want to associate with you and had concluded it was pointless to argue with you, as you had a knack for interpreting events in a manner that is highly creative. I also said I had no intention of allowing your behaviour towards me to go on, nor to pretend everything was cool and without consequence this time.

I have not mocked anyone who does not share my beliefs and I dare you to find an instance where I did so. If you do, I'll apologize publicly. If you don't, I'll expect the same.

One day you'll find out that "being real" doesn't equate with "being right".
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Imagine how great the ignore could be if properly used, and not just some trophy to act better then someone.
    i would think if you put someone on ignore you wouldn't see threads they started. what exactly does ignore do then????

i would think if you put someone on ignore you wouldn't see threads they started. what exactly does ignore do then????
    It blanks their comments, as far as I can see.

But like I said - I've taken him off Ignore, much to my regret.

I should have just adhered to my idea of just not bothering.