Messed up, yo
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Messed up, yo

Banned

Messed up, yo

So anyway....

Way back in the day, I took the Meyers-Briggs(sp) test and it said that one of the ideal jobs for me would be in the ministry???????

Well, lately my parents have been gotten way back into the Methodist church and into just searching christianity. We have great discussions on it, unlike people here who think they know everything but immidiatly discount others views on the same religion then turn around and blame that other person for their own faults. With my views and my hunger to understand, yet to also put things in my own perspective, they have been hounding me to look into Seminary school as I want my Masters really bad and would like to find a new line of work. But they do also understand while I can make friends very easily, I can be rather, well, abrasive, rash, blunt, even abusive at times, mixed with a liberal dose of just not liking people that much.

They keep telling me there is other work other then being a Sunday preacher after seminary. What else is there then? Lord knows I would love to start my own branch of christianity, but, well, I ain't the best person to be leading people in something so important as that.

Thought this would be just fitting after I was told that I was a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    But they do also understand while I can make friends very easily, I can be rather, well, abrasive, rash, blunt, even abusive at times, mixed with a liberal dose of just not liking people that much.
    You? Abrasive, rash, blunt and abusive?
    Where did ya_get that idea?

Seriously, there is other work. Missionary perhaps? Theology professor? If you think that is your calling, then pursue it. Time will tell. Plus, once you really "learn", you will most likely change. The Lord works in strange ways.

Who told you you were a sociopath???

You should become a Sunday school teacher

The Honorable Rev.Cleetus...
    has a nice ring to it don't ya_think?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Who told you you were a sociopath???
    Adept, when he said he could have cared less about the thread deletions, it was in fact all along me that was a sociopath that won't listen to him and would only insult him.

People like him are why I want to start my own branch of Christianity. Something that is actually a little more inclusive then his own, that also understands that faith resides in the heart, not in the mind or in books. Books can strenthen it, but if you deny where God lives in each and everyone of us, you are only repeating the mistakes of Dogma and the Catholic church.

I was interested in finding out why my name was mentioned in here and - lo and behold - yet another instance of spin doctoring personal impressions into supposed fact.

I won't even bother with this blatant poke at me.

You've once again justified your place on my Ignore List.

I would truly appreciate it if you offered me the same curtesy of not seeking me out on purpose.

Why did I even bother looking into here.
    Last edited by a d e p t; January 5th, 2005 at 12:46 PM.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I was interested in finding out why my name was mentioned in here and - lo and behold - yet another instance of spin doctoring personal impressions into supposed fact.

I would truly appreciate it if you offered me the same curtesy of not seeking me out on purpose.

If he's on your ignore list, how did you know that your name was even mentioned? A little birdy,,,?

Banned

You have got to be ****ting me, you actually go search for your own name?

So anyway....

Way back in the day, I took the Meyers-Briggs(sp) test and it said that one of the ideal jobs for me would be in the ministry???????

Well, lately my parents have been gotten way back into the Methodist church and into just searching christianity. We have great discussions on it, unlike people here who think they know everything but immidiatly discount others views on the same religion then turn around and blame that other person for their own faults. With my views and my hunger to understand, yet to also put things in my own perspective, they have been hounding me to look into Seminary school as I want my Masters really bad and would like to find a new line of work. But they do also understand while I can make friends very easily, I can be rather, well, abrasive, rash, blunt, even abusive at times, mixed with a liberal dose of just not liking people that much.

They keep telling me there is other work other then being a Sunday preacher after seminary. What else is there then? Lord knows I would love to start my own branch of christianity, but, well, I ain't the best person to be leading people in something so important as that.

Thought this would be just fitting after I was told that I was a sociopath.

Those sound like the principals of every preacher I ever met. Just add a dash of hypocracy and white supremecy and you are all set.
    WOTPP Recruit.

http://www.lp.org/ http://www.badnarik.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    If he's on your ignore list, how did you know that your name was even mentioned? A little birdy,,,?

Handy search feature - looking for an older thread.

Does the fact that I ignore his posts give him licence to slag me openly?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Books can strenthen it, but if you deny where God lives in each and everyone of us, you are only repeating the mistakes of Dogma and the Catholic church.
    I'm Catholic thanks for reminding me that God doesn't live in you
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle
    "I gotta have more cowbell, baby" Bruce Dickinson(Christopher Walken)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdfey
    I'm Catholic thanks for reminding me that God doesn't live in you
    Wait, no, now I am confused, so are you saying that God does not live in all of us?

There is nothing wrong with the Catholics as christians, but in the church itself we find the faults. The world and religion built of man, not of true faith.

Banned
    Handy search feature - looking for an older thread.

Does the fact that I ignore his posts give him licence to slag me openly?
    Yes, as you blatantly said that you have no respect for me and then went out and did exactly everything that you blame me for doing, I only figured that it was free game. Lets see, you mocked my belief at every moment, you mock those who don't believe in Jesus, you make up lies about me, you call me a sociopath when you haven't even looked into my eyes, you call me a liar yet isn't it funny that I am the last person anyone thinks makes up a fake persona, you can't get anymore real then what I am. Guess it just scares you as much as it scares confus-ed.

Such a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by thorian
    Those sound like the principals of every preacher I ever met. Just add a dash of hypocracy and white supremecy and you are all set.
    i must be a lucky one who has actually met a real preacher, or even for that matter, some real christians. people who care more for you than they do themselves, who want your well-being above anything else, and who condone the sin without condoning the sinner. people who you can trust to be there for you, at their own loss sometimes. selfless, giving, caring individuals that actually give you hope in humanity. all i can say is, when we judge everyone by a few, or even many's actions, then all your saying is that all black men are lazy because you actually worked with one that was. those same "preachers" you mention would get the same treatment as the scribes and doctors of the law back in Jesus' day, they would still be reprimanded for doing a really bad job of representing God.
    Last edited by i n e p t; January 5th, 2005 at 01:38 PM.
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!