Physical memory dump
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Physical memory dump

Physical memory dump

aight ive had this problem for some time now and im gettin very aggrivated with it, in the middle of a game or sometimes just simply browsing the web my computer shuts down and i get the "blue screen of death" a full physical memory dump..... i dont know if this has something to do with my system being fat32 :/ but i really have no where else to turn, u guyz helped me out a while ago so maybe u can help me now. btw i have a sony viao pcv-rs 421v .....with about 1gig more ram and a 9800 pro now.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHelp
    aight ive had this problem for some time now and im gettin very aggrivated with it, in the middle of a game or sometimes just simply browsing the web my computer shuts down and i get the "blue screen of death" a full physical memory dump..... i dont know if this has something to do with my system being fat32 :/ but i really have no where else to turn, u guyz helped me out a while ago so maybe u can help me now. btw i have a sony viao pcv-rs 421v .....with about 1gig more ram and a 9800 pro now.
    when did it start dumping? since the 9800 pro?

do you get anything from the event viewer Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer? look for any entries in the system or application logs from the time when it dumped.
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

it started dumping way before the 9800 pro

and what should i be looking for in the event log........i found a warning (in the applications event log) about microsoft fax,which souldnt be there it happens every like 21 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHelp
    it started dumping way before the 9800 pro

and what should i be looking for in the event log........i found a warning (in the applications event log) about microsoft fax,which souldnt be there it happens every like 21 hours.
    look for any entries in the system or application logs from the time when it dumped

there might be one listed there with a source listed as EventLog saying "the previous system shutdown at (time of dump) was unexpected"

and there may be an event listed near it with a source of Save Dump that "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: <bugcheck code> (<bugcheck details>). Microsoft Windows ..."

the bugcheck code is what we are looking for the confusing dump code number it gives may show some clues as to what's going on.

Im just stabbing in the dark here, but here are some items to check on. these are the first thing I try when this happens to me or someone else. Your SVM (system virtual memory) size might be too small or is in Conflict with your Freespace resalting in a memory Dump, and/or a mass load of mal-ware, spyware, win32/wryms can affect your Memory loads in windowxp.

I would start by looking through
    If you dont know how to changed your SVM
    --> Right-Click My Computer ---> Properties --> Advanced (tab) === Proformance -- Settings ---> Advanced (tab) === Virtual memory -- Change
    This will show your Drive(s)
    If you have the free Space on another drive or have alot of free space then. i would set it for the max it can go which is 4000 megs
    Look at the frame with total paging file size for all drives the recommended is what you need for the next step.
    Click the drive letter with the page file size, Checkmark custom Size then inital size enter in what your recommended size add 2 mb to the total. mine is intial is 768 recommended is 766. then for the max set it for 4000 mbs. this happen to me in a couple of games before i got better proformance and no more blue screens from kernal dumps/Mem dumps.

I said this Since you can set get into your Desktop its not a Hardline hardware problem. ill come back to see if it worked or not.

"Error code 000000d1, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f7417c00."

is what it said in the event manager for one of the system errors.... what i did was i double clicked on the event that said "Error and the source was System. There are a few of these guyz in there they all say the same thing. And 3xSeven777 i did also try ur idea, havent crashed yet (only did it 15 min ago tho, we will c in a few days how it works).
    Aslo in the event logger there are a number of errors with the cdrom. this is what it said "The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block." and another error with axsaki (which idk wtf that is) heres what it said for it tho "The device, \Device\Scsi\axsaki1, did not respond within the timeout period."

edit: oh yeah btw i noticed another wierd thing.....my system clock is always exactly 1 hour behind....every time i change it back the next morning its 1 hour behind again, wierd eh?
    Last edited by NeedHelp; January 10th, 2005 at 02:02 PM.

That error code seems to suggest that you have driver issues. Check your device manager to make sure your drivers are up to date.

Also could be that you have bad RAM in your system, which can be an inconsistent problem to track. You can run a memory diagnostic program like memtest86 to check it out.

BSOD's...bsod's...same here...

Hi, I've been having the same problem ever since I decided to swap my video card. I bought my compy with a GeCube Radeon 9200 SE 128mb card, swapped to a GeForce 4 MX 440 64mb card (to test it) and then back to the GeCube. I've had problems ever since.

and silly me didn't create a restore point before removing the card in the first place!

I'm still looking for a solution.

Good luck!
    My specs: 900 MHz AMD T-Bird, Asus K7M Mobo., 256 MB RAM (two 128 MB Kingston SD PC-100), GeCube Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (drivers were impossible to find...still crashes because of them every now and then...i think its them...), Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, new high-speed USB 2.0 card, dual 60 GB HDD's for the heck of it (NTFS), XP Pro SP 2, Mozilla Firefox (Spread Firefox!), single-barrel carberator, Saitek P2500 Rumbleforce, (Yes, the system is dated, but it fits my budget!) - Sockhatguy

Well things were goin fine for a cpl days, but lastnight my friend and i were playin battlefield 1942 and it just decided that id be a good time to give us another blue screen of death. and better yet i looked in the event logger and nothing has been logged. cool eh? btw i did try that mem test thing, but i didnt understand it very well, how long should it take, i left it running for a good 3 hours and it still looked like it wasnt done.

Been a while since I ran it, but I'm pretty sure it will continue to loop thru a series of tests and report errors in the area below if it finds anything.

well ive done the test a few times now and no errors have been found. but my computer gave me the blue screen again 2day while my friend was playin bf1942. we left it off for a few hours and turned it back on, it made my video card fan make a wierd noice, put a black screen on the monitor, and just sat that and "thunk" about something.

some things I would check is...

*make sure your video card fans and all are venting properly and that the system is not getting overheated etc.

*check your network card drivers. It seems when you and your friend are playing the game together (I'm assuming in a LAN or broadband internet setup) is when you're getting the BSODs

*check the game manufacturer's website for any patches. Alotta times they release the game and find a bug after it's been out a while.

*check all the rest of your drivers and make sure they are up to date such as Videocard drivers, soundcard drivers, motherboard chipset drivers, etc.

If you can narrow it down you may find the culprit...

Do you only get the Blue Screen of Death when playing bf1942?

Do you only get the Blue Screen of Death when playing bf1942 in a networked environment (LAN or Online) and it runs OK standalone?

aight,
    everything is vented properly since i took the cover off the comp, i did remember something prolly significant....when i installed my wireless lan card it did say that the drivers were not tested with xp and may cause problems. but i was havning the same problem with my computer when i had 2000 os. the wireless i have is kind of out of date, so idk if there are ne updated drivers for xp.....im gunna check into it\

edit: and to answer your other questions: no, yes
    Last edited by NeedHelp; January 18th, 2005 at 10:35 AM.

hey, can someone help me find drivers for a

compex waveport wlu11a

i need them for xp....im gunna try reinstall the drivers for them cause they are prolly outa date

Doh, more and more crashes come in to play since my last post. Ok i'll tell you what my original problem was. A few months ago now i started using bittorrent to share and trade a few TV shows and all was well and good. A few weeks pasted by and once my downloads would reach a certain speed (say 20 kb/s) i would get the BSOD and it would say the following : "Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
    0x000000d1 (0x0000008, 0x0000002, 0x0000000, 0xf7417c00)
    NDIS.Sys - Address F7417C00 base at f7402000, date stamp 41107ec3"

I am obviously having some sort of driver issue here but im confused as how to correct it (or even find which driver is causing the problem) guyz plz help me i spent alot of money on this machine and i hate to see it going to waste