Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Help! No Sound!

Thread: Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Help! No Sound!

Exclamation Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) Help! No Sound!

I have no idea how to fix this and it sucks without no sound. I've read around and nothing seems to work or I'm just stupid and not doing anything right.

This is was Belarc is telling me I have.

Operating System
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

System Model
    VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363

Main Circuit Board b
    Board: 8363-686
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 09/20/2001

Multimedia
    Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)
    Game Port for Creative
    Standard Game Port
    VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)

Any ideas on what to do?

Welcome to windrivers timxes. It seems you have one of a number of motherboards which uses an ES1373 chip with an AC'97 codec. This should be your driver: http://www.viaarena.com/downloads/dr...odec_V580a.zip
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

That didn't seem to work. I extracted the files into a folder and ran setup.exe, restarted my comp, and still no sound. Is there anything I need to tell you?

Did you uninstall the existing audio devices first? If that doesn't work, download Everest: http://www.lavalys.com/products/down...ng=en&pageid=3
    Look under Motherboard\Chipset\Southbridge for AC'97 Codec information. Also look under Devices\PCI Devices
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

I dont have a southbridge? Or I'm just stupid. But it says I have a northbridge(VIA VT8363A Apollo KT133A)..This sucks with no sound

Select south bridge from upper right pane.

I don't have a south bridge

Do I have to unistall the driver for both the Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM) and VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)? Then install this driver thing you have given to me? I only unistalled the driver for Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)..and it didnt work. I just noticed under my Hardware in Sounds and Audio Devices Properties that when I click on Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver it says "Device Status: A driver(service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)" Could that be it? lol..

EDIT! I just checked the CIA AC'97 Audtio Controller (WDM) and under device status it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this driver. This driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" That seems bad

Yes, I would try uninstalling both, as well the audio compatibility driver and anything else with a ! or ?. Also check in Services that the Windows Audio service is started and set to automatic.

Alrite, I just unistalled both driver and immediately after that it started detecting all these devices again and installed them, but my sound still does not work. Where is Services?

EDIT! Also gotta tell you that in Audio and Voice tab, I cannot select anything from the drop down menus. They are greyed out and say No Playback Devices.

EDIT2! I dunno but I'm noticing stuff every second. Even Under the volume tab is says there in No Audio Device. Maybe my computer is not detecting any audio device! Haha I dunno, I am a newbie at this stuff. I wish I was smart.
    Last edited by timxes; January 20th, 2005 at 09:05 AM.