Mercury 10/100 PCI NIC, wont install

Thread: Mercury 10/100 PCI NIC, wont install

Mercury 10/100 PCI NIC, wont install

hows it going members of Windrivers this is my 1st post so bare with me, will get straight to the question, been trying to install this NIC the 1 above, once the hardware was in and booted up it asked for the software, everything was going ok when it asked for the update for it rtl8139 got that and the thing started to ask for the win98se cd which I put in and it started to look for files on the cd, then the wizard came back sayin that the files needed on the 98 cd wernt there, it was askin for, not in any order, "ATMADM.EXE, Net8.cab, Netrts.inf and nettrans.cat, does this mean that they are not on the cd, and I need to look for them myself, thx scint.

I think it might be asking for your network driver, Iīm having a problem with my network and had to download rtl8139 from the Realtek website.

@ Aztlan, I now that its lookin for an update "RTL8139" got it on a CD, I installed that, and now its lookin for the above files from the win98se cd and the install wizard is sayin that the files arn't there on the cd, I was thinking that the wizard is not very good at lookin for files and I would have to override it to find the desired files, thx scint...

Quote Originally Posted by scint
    @ Aztlan, I now that its lookin for an update "RTL8139" got it on a CD, I installed that, and now its lookin for the above files from the win98se cd and the install wizard is sayin that the files arn't there on the cd, I was thinking that the wizard is not very good at lookin for files and I would have to override it to find the desired files, thx scint...

been there when i had to use the browse to find the file. Might wanna do a search through explorer to find them first then u know where to send it

will try this and get back to the thread to let yous no if it went ok

here's hopeing