blue screen at shut down

Thread: blue screen at shut down

Red face blue screen at shut down

When I used WINDOWS98 I deleted NDIS 2 VXD by mistake. I started to get this problem BSOD and error message 03/F:00009D3E Then I changed to Windows ME. I still get the BSOD . Scan disk says that the boot area hasimportant information which is either corrupt or invalid and is reporting an incorrect free space on disk.It then corrects this and everything is fine if I do not go on line...I can shut down the PC correctly. If I go on line however the blue screen appears again. I think its something to do with the NDIS2VXD. Would anyone help me on this andhow can I replace the NDIS/VXD[LIST][*]blue screen at shut down[LIST]

NDIS anything will be networking related. Try uninstalling all NICs, protocols, heck uninstall every networking related option you can find.
    Reboot, then reinstall everything.
    You might even want to install the NIC drivers, then reboot, then one protocol, then reboot, etc.
    The idea here is to try to force Windows to pull new files from the .cabs, and not use the existing, most likely corrupt ones.

Oh, and now that my brain is working, try running sfc from the run box, and see if it will replace the ndis files. Do that first.

HTH!
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. "

- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)