You're not going to believe this: - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You're not going to believe this:

Kids are a lot of work. My girlfriend has two boys (ages 9 and 2). One day they are normal, the next they are demons from hell and ripping the house apart.

It takes patience, work, effort, and more patience... and occasionally a few advils help.
    *The official eating utensil of all WinDrivers members*

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd

Sorry dude, but I'll have to draw the line right there.
    But, brushing my hair sounds good.
    Hey man, mine are always under a pair of socks, so nobody even notices. My fingernails are off limits however!!

Banned
    Treat them like I do my cat, fresh water and plenty of food daily, pet/scratch them behind the ear and let them sleep in between your legs

Oh yeah, and string, have lots of string to play with, but put it up when you are done.

You can be a father and be a friend, but you cannot only be a friend. Hard sometimes. Good luck.

How long is "temporarily"
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    I have 3 little girls at home, my toenails are currently painted purple (*shhh*)
    Naaah, Trip wouldn't go for purple.....

"Really Red Rouge" may be more his style....
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing

Quote Originally Posted by paraflyer
    Naaah, Trip wouldn't go for purple.....

"Really Red Rouge" may be more his style....
    Ah, so that's what the 3R's stand for.
    btw, the big day has been put off until today. Too much preping to do to the house. So, tonight, a friend of the ex's who is also a friend of mine is bringing the kids over. And, she'll come on weekends to help, too.

Well, they came today (well, I guess it's yesterday now...) and all is well. Of course they couldn't sleep at first, and second, and third:
    ...times coming out of the room is what happened. More often, to tell the truth. Every other minute:
    Dad, Vicky farted...
    Damn, it's almost like she was made for Cleetus.
    Finally, the little one came out and said her tummy hurt. I said it was because she finally had a real meal and is filled up. And, she's now an official fat girl. . Then I picked her up in my arms and held her while posting here helping someone out in the XP or 9x forum...all along rubbing her head. Within minutes she was asleep.
    I couldn't help it, but I let her sleep there for 15 minutes. It felt really good. Finally bonding with my little girl.
    This is the stuff dreams are made of.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Well, they came today (well, I guess it's yesterday now...) and all is well. Of course they couldn't sleep at first, and second, and third:
    ...times coming out of the room is what happened. More often, to tell the truth. Every other minute:
    Dad, Vicky farted...
    Damn, it's almost like she was made for Cleetus.
    Finally, the little one came out and said her tummy hurt. I said it was because she finally had a real meal and is filled up. And, she's now an official fat girl. . Then I picked her up in my arms and held her while posting here helping someone out in the XP or 9x forum...all along rubbing her head. Within minutes she was asleep.
    I couldn't help it, but I let her sleep there for 15 minutes. It felt really good. Finally bonding with my little girl.
    This is the stuff dreams are made of.
    Way to go, Trip. Sounds like all of you will make the adjustment just fine.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy
    . Sounds like all of you will make the adjustment just fine.
    Thanks.
    I believe so. too. I mean, there wasn't a single tear shed. It's like they are relieved, as well as happy, to be with me.
    Well, I can relate to that.
    I am so damn tired that I can't sleep...

You were the perfect father,and you never knew it, now you get to test your skills for real. Enjoy and Congrats again.

Some advice trip...QUIT HELPING PEOPLE ON THE FORUM IN THE MIDDLE OF TEH NIGHT WHEN THE GIRLS ARE HAVING TROUBLE SLEEPING! The dude on WD can wait until morning, after breakfast!

That is absolutely AWESOME!!!!! Nothing like that feeling of total trust from them when they fall asleep in your arms!!!!! Your well on the way and going to do GREAT!!!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Here's a pic of my little three year old:
    http://tinypic.com/1o2bsg
    I'll have some updated pics for ya's in a few days. I finally got a digital camera.
    The three girls are all beautiful. I think they are all prettier than Charlies Angel's...and don't get any ideas Cleetus.
    So, if anyone is wondering, I am now considering getting permanent custody. They are doing much better here, and are well adjusted, too. I still have the wee one with me until I get day care, and my business has suffered...but if anything is worth it, they are. They have been through enough already, and none of them are even ten years old.
    I'll be the first to admit that I probably wouldn't have been able to manage this by myself 10 or 20 years ago, though...

Hope you get full/permanent custody.

They deserve a great parent.

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    ..They deserve a great parent.
    What they deserve is two great parents !

But as I well know, sometimes you've got no choice but to try to be that one ...

Quote Originally Posted by RRR
    .. I still have the wee one with me until I get day care, and my business has suffered...but if anything is worth it, they are.
    I can relate entirely to that .. this is like you are having a re-run of my circumstances Trip, but with 3 kids instead of 1 ! I've got to say being a parent is the hardest job I ever did, with the worst pay possible, but with the greatest rewards in the world despite that !

Just keep remembering what you already know Trip, its worth it .