Internet Connection

Thread: Internet Connection

Internet Connection

Hello, I am having a problem with a laptop that I cant quite figure out. When I am at the office it is connected via lan and then at home I use AT&T Global Dialer as a dial up connection. Last night I connected at home.. worked great.. Now when I came in this morning it shows me working off line, if i go to a site it askes to connect or work off line. I went to internet properties > connections and it was set to "Always dial my default connection". I switched it over to "never dial a connection". It works great for about 5 min, then switches back to "always dial my default connection" again all by itself. I change it back and it keeps doing it.. I never had this problem until it started last night.. Any idea's? If I remove the dialer connection it works fine.. no problems.. but as soon as I connect that way it comes back..

Craig

What if you remove the AT&T dialer software and configure your dial up connection manually in dial up connections? Also, I think the setting you want is "dial if a network connection is not present"
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.