anybody got a reasonable cure...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anybody got a reasonable cure...

anybody got a reasonable cure...

for crushing depression?

Are you serious Geeks?
    If so....bummer.
    So, what's up?

no job...broke...facing eviction...i don't like going outside(seriously). it'll get better...just wish it would hurry up.

Are things that tough for computer techs in SE Ohio?
    If so,you need to move dude.
    But, I wish you the best! How did things get so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by geeksRus
    no job...broke...facing eviction...i don't like going outside(seriously). it'll get better...just wish it would hurry up.
    so you have a phobia? Called the doc?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    If you have enough exogenous (originating due to outside events) depression your body can develope endogenous (chemically induced) depression.
    So you may want to look into some temporary pharmacological treatment.
    There are some new anti-depressants that don't have the side effects of the older ones like Prozac.
    Lexapro is one of them.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Sorry to hear of your situation man.
    It isnt easy when this is happening thats for sure
    I do hope it gets better quickly for you
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

How about watching a comedy on DVD? Or maybe take a walk. Those things help me. Also,.. I like watching Rocky,... it's very inspirational.

Anyway,... we're all here for ya man. Hang in there,... it will get better.
    Hello World

Without falling head first into this one from recent personal experience i found the not wanting to leave the home was a lowered self esteem.

In my case it was from coninued emotional trauma and abuse but I honestly hated going outside because i really felt as sucky as i was told I was. If things are going bad around you, your home is your safety especially when you have noone to turn to for support, like a loving partner or family. You have to build your self confidence up and do it in steps. Write alist of what you want to acheive and actually start it on the other side write a list of all that is going wrong, then write along each one how to fix that particular issue and start doing it and crossing them off as they go. It will take time but each step whether tiny or not is a positive one

and dont think bout the depression that will cure itself as you go
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    ...and dont think bout the depression that will cure itself as you go
    Along with Mayet's excellent advice, I feel the need to caution you about the drugs some give out for agoraphobia geeks. Be real careful with the Xanax type drugs. They say that is for "anxiety", too. But, it is highly addictive.
    Give the anti-depressants a shot.
    And, you'll have to be patient with them. They can take over a month to actually start working. Some people do need them. It's all about brain chemicals. Do some research on the subject of Serotonin and other "brain" chemicals. You have to know what you are dealing with.
    And: good luck!

oh sheeit dont touch the anti depressents. The whole world is on bandaids it seems.. Oh dear doc I have been feeling a little down lately...welll here you go, heres your happy pill and one more load of money into some pharmaceutical companies pocket. Great band aid not.....drugs aren't the answer, a walk in the park listening to the birds or looking at the patterns in the clouds, the ducks on a river, ants crawling up a drainpipe. Thats a great out not pills. Are oyu getting the idea of just how much I hate the fact that every doc in the world it seems is prescribing more and more anti depressants to people just to cope with life? Looks at the worldwide stats of prescribing to teens diagnosed with depression. Now come on can anyone see a bleak and snowballing future from this other than me?
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    Great band aid not.....drugs aren't the answer, a walk in the park listening to the birds or looking at the patterns in the clouds, the ducks on a river, ants crawling up a drainpipe. Thats a great out not pills. Are oyu getting the idea of just how much I hate the fact that every doc in the world it seems is prescribing more and more anti depressants to people just to cope with life?

Now come on can anyone see a bleak and snowballing future from this other than me?
    Although I absolutely agree with you on the outragioius prices of drugs and doctors, sometimes, some people, DO need an anti-depressant. It's all about the chemicals. You yourself talked about a certain "ex" who became different when he was off his meds.
    That being said, they aren't and should not be for general consumption. But you're right, Docs give anything to anyone anymore. Remember the Stones and "Mother's Little Helper"? How about the book: "Valley of the Dolls"?
    The extremes make you wonder about the help that Doctors can give. That is too bad, too.
    Do I see a bleak and snowballing future from this?
    You're damn right I do.
    It's sort of like ADD. My oldest girl suffers from that, and is now on meds, and they are helping her. But now, every doc everywhere gives that crap to any kid with an attitude. THAT is fecked up!!

thanx everyone...i know my problems are small and petty compared to some others here ( you know who you are). i'll get over it...i hit these bumps on a regular basis it seems...not sure why. guys usually hold this crap in thinkin it isnt manly to talk about. thot i'd let it out and see if it helped. again thanx for lissenin to me snivel.

Its tough. I have had friends help pull me through. A few years ago, when I was about to eat a bullet, one of my good friends told me something that stuck.

"No matter how bad I feel, or how bad things get, there are people out there that are worse than me. Yet every day they survive."

Maybe it was me, maybe it was what he said, but that usually helps get me out of a low....that and a good long walk or workout.

Everyone is different, but one thing I can say, is unless your Doc. can prove to you that your brain is wired different...stay away from the drugs.

A lot of depressions are caused by environment but other things may trigger it. I have found that the very food I eat affects my moods. When i eat light, and eat healthy I feel better physically and emotionally. Gone are the days that I would get depressed and hit Micky Dees and the local liquir store.

Talking it out helps too, if you have a good ear. Call a friend, or church member or family and hash out whats on your mind. Hell, hop online if need be and Instant Message a bud...

Quote Originally Posted by geeksRus
    thanx everyone...i know my problems are small and petty compared to some others here ( you know who you are). i'll get over it...i hit these bumps on a regular basis it seems...not sure why. guys usually hold this crap in thinkin it isnt manly to talk about. thot i'd let it out and see if it helped. again thanx for lissenin to me snivel.
    Sorry geeks, but I'm not buying that.
    There is NOTHING manly about trying not to feel depressed!!
    If this is a "regular" occurance, then you need to talk to someone who can help. Yeah, we here can help a little bit because we are "friends", but not as much as this seems to call for.
    So: have you talked to a real Doctor about this?

..and please don't clam up and try to act tough and self reliant right now. Because that can be a big mistake.

PS
    Hey Lar!