anybody got a reasonable cure... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anybody got a reasonable cure...

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Hey Geeks,
    I could be way off here, but you are just a few hours south of me. Go to a tanning salon. Find the old, slow beds, the ones that cook you slowly. This time of year, with the lack of sunshine causes a depression. Something with Vitamin D or something. I started cooking myself 3 times a week, last month. First time in a long while I haven't got the winter blues. Being 20 minutes east of Cleveland, the sun rarely shines this time of year.

If that doesn't work, get a $50.00 woman, a 12 pack of beer, and hope you're one of the lucky ones to get a 4 hour erection from the little blue pill....

Sergeant WOTPP

Depression? Mmmm good question, I know exactly where you are coming from at the moment, wife leaving, getting evicted and having to possibly go bankrupt over the next few months unless something changes real quick.

I've had some bad moments of depression about it all, and life in general (which was pants before the above started), however someone here has said it all, no matter how low you get or how many times you get knocked down, there is always someone worse off than you getting by day to day.

When I got really bad just recently I researched into the Tsunami disaster, and reading some of the hardship there helped me realise that things are bad, but not as bad as the problems of others. I also realised that yep things are crap at the moment, and I am now as low as I can go, so things will only get better from this point on. One positive about wife leaving? February is a cheap month this year as I have no valentine to buy for nor do I have to spend out for her birthday....

Just remember that bottling up what you're feeling is never a good idea, it cost me my marriage and my friends over the years. Talking is good. I'm getting some counselling and have been following an Tony Robbins CD program, which is helping. Trouble is his program relies a lot on your own self-motivation to change things, which ironically is one of the problems I have when down, being motivated to change things.

You'll get there, just remember to keep your eyes wide open for that open door, they're not all closed and locked shut!

So your first course of action, rent your funniest DVD and watch it, then go out and volunteer yourself at your local soup kitchen, 1. it'll get you out and 2. you will feel better for helping others worse off, and 3. it'll motivate you to improve yourself, so you don't get that low.

Stay strong dude!
    "Today is a Gift, thats why they call it the present"

PLEEEEAAASE! Don't feel sorry for him! This is America, the land of opportunity....don't forget that. Anyone, even illegal aliens can get jobs here. I say squash the pride and go get the first job you can find. McD's, or other fastfood...they are always hiring. Go to a labor ready service.... Or even a dishwasher or custodian.

If you don't have a job then you don't want one, it's that simple.

Freaking liberals!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by opiate
    PLEEEEAAASE! Don't feel sorry for him! This is America, the land of opportunity....don't forget that. Anyone, even illegal aliens can get jobs here. I say squash the pride and go get the first job you can find. McD's, or other fastfood...they are always hiring. Go to a labor ready service.... Or even a dishwasher or custodian.

Freaking liberals!
    Thank god there are at least some people out there that care

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Thank god there are at least some people out there that care
    I care enough to express my opinion!

It's important to have a job that matters. That's why I manually masturbate caged animals for the purposes of artificial insemination.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    It's important to have a job that matters. That's why I manually masturbate caged animals for the purposes of artificial insemination.

Does it pay well?

I am quite experienced at the task..Just ask my ex husbands
    Last edited by Mayet; February 12th, 2005 at 01:29 AM.
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by opiate

Freaking liberals!
    Those of us down here on earth tend to have these things called, "emotions". Unfortunately depression is one of these "emotions" and us humans experience this particular emotion from time to time. But I guess you wouldn't know about that because you are so perfect with your McDonalds job.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Those of us down here on earth tend to have these things called, "emotions". Unfortunately depression is one of these "emotions" and us humans experience this particular emotion from time to time. But I guess you wouldn't know about that because you are so perfect with your McDonalds job.
    Somebody's got to build my Big Mac the way I want it.

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    I worked at a McDonald's for almost two years. They let me work the drive thru once and we didn't have any customers so I was bored. We were located in a strip mall parking lot so there were a lot of people walking past outside. I pretended I was announcing a baseball game over the drive thru speaker. That got boring after awhile so I started heckling people as they walked by. That didn't last long and they never let me work the drive thru again after that...

Have you ever seen a 10 gallong plastic bag filled with milk shake cream explode? I have and let me tell you it's a beautiful site. Pain in the butt to clean up, but definitely worth it the first couple times. Shuffleboard with the frozen meat patties was also fun.

Ever gotten fries or a drink that was missing the monopoly game piece sticker off the front? Ever wonder why?

Working under the arches rules!!
    WWBRD?

Funny ima.
    And, opiate: what an ...

You're right, Geeks, it will get better!

That Soup Kitchen idea is awfully good for the reasons stated.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Somebody's got to build my Big Mac the way I want it.
    Well I'm sure Opiate will be happy to make your burger.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by geeksRus
    guys usually hold this crap in thinkin it isnt manly to talk about. ...
    That's probably at least half the problem. I (for one) am glad that you've taken the big leap of faith and opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by geeksRus
    ...thot i'd let it out and see if it helped.
    So, has it helped?

My suggestion is to get some exercise. I find that just getting the blood flowing is a help. If you can do something more on the aerobic side, that will get some endorphins going and those are always a help.

btw, Happy Valentines Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Eyed
    ...My suggestion is to get some exercise. I find that just getting the blood flowing is a help. If you can do something more on the aerobic side, that will get some endorphins going and those are always a help...
    Totally agreed! Sometimes when I got a case of the Mondays, I just get me some 'bucks (grande mocha, no whip) and take a little walk. Getting the blood going is probably the best thing one can do to shake the blues.
    Hello World