I just purchased a raid controler with a sil 0680 chipset. I have 2 160gb hard drives already partitioned into 3 partitions of the same size, the master already has win xp pro on it. One is a 7200rpm and the other is a 5400 rpm both are ata 133. I also have a cd burner and dvd burner on the 2nd ata controler. Fic AU13 motherboard. 512mb ram, AMD 2700 cpu.

The instructions say to install the card and connect the 2 drives to the card. Which I did. Then boot windows and windows will find the card and then navigate to the cd rom with the drivers to complete the install.

The problem is when I install the card and boot, the computer gets to the screen where the hash marks run across the bottem of the sceen then reboots. If I try safe mode it gets to mup and reboots. I tried every pci slot. When I boot I do get a screen that says hit F3 to set up the raid controler. I tried that also and I can set up a mirrored raid set 1. This doesnt help either, so I deleted it. When I boot I also get a 2nd screen that shows the drives in the raid configuration.

Next I tried to do a windows repair, I put in the win xp boot cd and booted to xp and let it go untill the install windows screen. When I hit enter to install windows it says I have no drive to install to. I remove the raid card and plug back into the ata controler and everything is ok.

Im totally lost, any help would be appreciated.

thany you