I said I would, so here it is... - Page 3

View Poll Results: Turn it back on or leave it off?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep post count turned off in the lounge

20 43.48%
  • Put post count back on in the lounge

26 56.52%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I said I would, so here it is...

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy
    stick to the gameboy richard1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    I want my MTV!

Oh, sorry, wrong thread. Turn the post count back on please.

As for the advice given here: As in all things, take it with a grain of salt.

Even Flatlander advice!
    or richard1,s advice , there again he,,s a "administrator" ,,,wow , thats close to god

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute

I want Freddy back! He's fun banned, I like his alternate personalities! But The place just isn’t the same without him!

FREE FREDDY!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    I want Freddy back! He's fun banned, I like his alternate personalities! But The place just isn’t the same without him!

FREE FREDDY!!!
    well thank you sir.

I will communicate with "freddy" with haste , and tell him that you still love him

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    Bad advice comes in different flavors. A lone user will be taken with a grain of salt. But a Moderator will be taken seriously, and as a first post in the thread, his advice may have been utilized unnecessarily. It’s absolutely OK to say, hey, I think your advice is wrong when it is, or even if you only think it is, that’s what a forum environment is all about.

And Come down off of your high horse will you? If you don’t want to give advice here that’s fine, but don’t start with the finger pointing, and blaming other people for your decision. It’s a crock. As Mobile said, no is sitting around waiting to pounce on you.

I'm not on a high horse and I'm not blaming anyone for my decision. I stated that publicly ridiculing someone for the help they try to offer is childish behavior and I'm sure it's against the rules of this forum to publicly ridicule another member. If someone is giving out bad info on purpose that's a whole different story, but I don't think that's the case here.

I also don't think anyone is sitting around waiting to pounce on me, but I don't believe the same could be said where Richard1 is concerned.
    WWBRD?

So the_boss thinks the best way to get Freddy unbanned is to insult the admin?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Apparently old habbits die hard Noo.

Quote Originally Posted by the boss
    'who knows' & who don't ..

**** , you have to be management and have "administrator" ,,,after your name

stick to the gameboy richard1
    Damnit, don't you think that's enough!!?? boss, now that you like teh Ya_k again, how about reading his signature again?

Ya_gotta_know when ta_ hold_em, Know when ta_fold_em!
    btw:
    to get this back on track, I vote to turn the post count back on. And, what confus-ed mentioned, if workable (which it is), would be and added bonus for the users/members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    I want my MTV!
    Even Flatlander advice!

1: MTV sucks
    2: My idea beats all other choices hands down
    3: Fish dont get to vote :butt: [and if I had a banana I put that here too!]

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    I vote to leave postcounts on in all areas of the forum. I also vote that my postcount should somehow be permanently set to 1 cuz I think that would be pretty cool.
    WWBRD?

Banned
    but administrators are paid members of staff , and have to answer to there deeds,

you NooNoo are a volenteer "moderator" , and do this without pay , and are respected.

Quote Originally Posted by imaeditedbysowulo
    I'm not on a high horse and I'm not blaming anyone for my decision. I stated that publicly ridiculing someone for the help they try to offer is childish behavior and I'm sure it's against the rules of this forum to publicly ridicule another member. If someone is giving out bad info on purpose that's a whole different story, but I don't think that's the case here.

I also don't think anyone is sitting around waiting to pounce on me, but I don't believe the same could be said where Richard1 is concerned.
    How often does anyone get publicly ridiculed on the tech forums...really? I think you may have a hand full of witnessed events over the years, and now all of a sudden you presume that it’s a cesspool out there, cause you spend all of your time in the lounge. I have news for you, it’s wonderful out there, go on, test the waters! (as I poise in pounce mode…j/k)…

I'll admit his methods are rough, but he does make a point. Where is richard in all of this? Is he too busy now to respond to any of this? I thought I had a decent rapport with him, I asked a question very nicely directly to him in Comments and suggestions about the NT/2000 forum, and there was supporting feedback from other members, and he never responded. But he has time to offer advice to people that many would find questionable. My thinking is, just as freddy less than eloquently put it, stick to what you know. If your job is to administer the forum, be sure that’s being handled. If you desire to offer technical advice, please, in the best interest of the forum, and as the top dog, don’t offer advice that could have someone reformatting their drive, simply because he’s not seeing the full capacity of his drive, which was easily explained as normal behavior.

Banned
    So in the end, free my peoples posts

Banned
    I'll admit his methods are rough, but he does make a point. Where is richard in all of this? Is he too busy now to respond to any of this? I thought I had a decent rapport with him, I asked a question very nicely directly to him in Comments and suggestions about the NT/2000 forum, and there was supporting feedback from other members, and he never responded. But he has time to offer advice to people that many would find questionable. My thinking is, just as freddy less than eloquently put it, stick to what you know. If your job is to administer the forum, be sure that’s being handled. If you desire to offer technical advice, please, in the best interest of the forum, and as the top dog, don’t offer advice that could have someone reformatting their drive, simply because he’s not seeing the full capacity of his drive, which was easily explained as normal behavior.
    well said Ya_know

my sig says it all