Pioneer DVD r/rw cd-r/rw drive:\is not accessable incorrect function

Thread: Pioneer DVD r/rw cd-r/rw drive:\is not accessable incorrect function

Question Pioneer DVD r/rw cd-r/rw drive:\is not accessable incorrect function

I have tryed 3 differnt dvd burner drive, 4 differnt types of media, plays dvd's and reads data disc's great, but drive:\is not accessable incorrect function comes up when ever i put in a black cd, and if i try to burn anything it will lock up.
    Drive i have in right now is a pioneer dvr-a09xl, i have tryed nero so far but thats it. i have installed xp pro with sp2(downloaded) and my dvd is master to a cd-r/rw.
    Anyone have this happen to them?

Thunder

Quit using "black" dvd's! Sorry I had to get it out of my system. Welcome to WD druithunder. Here is some free software you can try if you think that it is software related. Another thing to try is removing the other cd -r/-w and seeing if it is a conflict there.
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

druit, I also have a pioneer dvdrw drive, I had to have it as master on second cable, with no other drives attached to that cable. I also use Nero with no problems and I use whatever media is on sale, and it seems to work fine. I also found that after I installed SP2 and all other updates, I had to reload my Nero and get all updates to it.