The forum is dieing, what will be done to save it??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The forum is dieing, what will be done to save it???

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    So, your idea is to just give up and move on?
    Geesh, I expected more from you...
    I haven't moved on. I am here almost every day.

But it is disturbing watching this place die a slow death.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

I wonder if confus-ed will stick up for him now?
    You & your fat gob should try reading between the lines - somebody has to try & mediate - I volunteered myself - being able to tune into most 'malcontents' - can you not remember ? - so take them rolly eyes & roll 'em away !

I'll tell you pretty much what I told Alan, yes he had a point (probably a few) but there's ways & means & however you might think matters were handled, threatening 'mischief' to the site isn't to be encouraged ..

(Mind it'd help if he hadn't already been set a precident {& them are definately due !} - but nobody listened to me then either ! [shakes head] )

Hopefully my suggestions about making sure reasons for any ban are clearly stated along with any conditions & length of ban on the threads concerned (or somewhere more suitable if prefered) will be listened to ..

As for this 'approval by mods' stuff - [shakes his head lots & lots] .. well I don't need to make a wage out of the place & with policies like this, whoever does, is making it much harder for themselves !

I visit every 2 hours, but I think the problem lies in its all been said (Politicos & lounge)

how many times can you read the same crap, and argue about it and finaly stop careing?

Thats where im at, quick glance and oh, that again! argggg! or better yet something interesting comes along and the thread get hijaked by your a weiner, no im not, your stupid, by the time you read throgh all the crap to find a post continueing the topic you've lost interest.

even scotts new site is affted by this, if you read WD then youll see it on JTS as well becasue we all dealing with the same people.
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

Quote Originally Posted by DocPC
    I haven't moved on. I am here almost every day.

But it is disturbing watching this place die a slow death.
    Whether hidden or not, I know that, which is why your sentiment surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by -ed
    somebody has to try & mediate - I volunteered myself - being able to tune into most 'malcontents' - can you not remember ? - so take them rolly eyes & roll 'em away !
    Oh, I do remember. And, I have tried to "protect" freddy as well when he was being OTT. And, I remember trying to mediate between yourself and teh Yak and Cleetus, and whomever else you've p!ssed off along the way, too. Especially in the tech forums, where you have a "way" of turning people off, and you know it. So, don't go acting like you are the only one around here who tries to be a mediator and help the site in other ways besides contributing tech help.

Now, concerning this:
    Quote Originally Posted by ed
    I'll tell you pretty much what I told Alan, yes he had a point (probably a few) but there's ways & means & however you might think matters were handled, threatening 'mischief' to the site isn't to be encouraged ..
    Could you sound any more like a politician? Isn't to be encouraged???? As far as I am concerned, that is the final chance at respect that he had with me. I have none at all left for him. To threaten a website which helps people? There are laws against that type of behaviour, and sorry, whatever point he had before has been lost with the way he has handled himself, and NOTjust this time, but with every freaking fit this guy has had in the last half year. It's almost like freddy coming out once a month to tear up the town.

Banned
    So are yall saying it has gotten as bad outside of the Lounge/Politicos as inside of them?

Oh well, while Freddy does pose a massive problem, that waiting to get in will deter lots of people as well.

.. sure Trip - thank you for your comments.

My point about 'encouragement', I see is lost on you, think 'flooding' & then think lots of posts from Alan/Freddy, then think about those 'damned links' above (so view last 24 hrs etc), then think 'ooo ! blackmail works' then think about it again ! ( I did say at the time !)

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    .. sure Trip - thank you for your comments.

My point about 'encouragement', I see is lost on you, think 'flooding' & then think lots of posts from Alan/Freddy, then think about those 'damned links' above (so view last 24 hrs etc), then think 'ooo ! blackmail works' then think about it again ! ( I did say at the time !)
    Ok, that hurt my brain...

Please don't do that anymore, and I still need a translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Ok, that hurt my brain...

Please don't do that anymore, and I still need a translation.
    Remember when Freddy got mad about endless political stuff filling up 'view new posts' ? & then he decided he'd do similar to make his point (flooding: is the term used for such activities on bbs sites ) & filled the place up with all sorts of pooh ? & nodody could find a mod anywhere to get it stopped ?

& then what happened ? Oh yeah because Freddy didn't particularly like it, view new posts got changed to how it is now - & I commented at the time ' Did I miss something or did Blackmail just work ?' & various folks agreed & I got told to shut up & not make an issue out of it & then like many things at WD which seem very important at the time, we all forgot ..

So what I meant was, that having given Freddy (& everyone else I guess) example of how threats & irresponsible action apparently get rewarded at WD he might be expecting another 'result' - hence why I picked the word 'encouraged' which seems to be confusing both you & Trip .

I knew exactly what you meant -ed...

I knew exactly what you meant -ed...
    ..Alright then - just confusing Ya_know !

Quote Originally Posted by RejectionMan
    I visit every 2 hours, but I think the problem lies in its all been said (Politicos & lounge)

how many times can you read the same crap, and argue about it and finaly stop careing?

Thats where im at, quick glance and oh, that again! argggg! or better yet something interesting comes along and the thread get hijaked by your a weiner, no im not, your stupid, by the time you read throgh all the crap to find a post continueing the topic you've lost interest.

even scotts new site is affted by this, if you read WD then youll see it on JTS as well becasue we all dealing with the same people.
    That's right. Same sh|t...different channel.

Of course, I know that I'm one of the ones he's talking about...as well as a few of the other vocal ones.

But I still come here. It's my primary choice. I usually cruise as a Guest tho.
    "YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAGH!!!" --Howard Dean, Chief of the Democratic Party

Quote Originally Posted by DocPC
    What can be done? Nothing. This place just plain sucks anymore...
    Amen brother Wylie
    Although I still slow down to look at the car wreck....
    Last edited by shamus; February 12th, 2005 at 03:00 PM.

The main reason this site is a shadow of its former self is because of all the foolish and petty fighting that goes on between members. I have been here for a long time and have seen many friends turn against one another and ruin relationships. Many people have come to the site, and many people have gone. This site is just a bunch of worthless 1's and 0's on a hard disk in some server farm somewhere WITHOUT friendship and community. That's why I spend my time elsewhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    The main reason this site is a shadow of its former self is because of all the foolish and petty fighting that goes on between members. I have been here for a long time and have seen many friends turn against one another and ruin relationships. Many people have come to the site, and many people have gone. This site is just a bunch of worthless 1's and 0's on a hard disk in some server farm somewhere WITHOUT friendship and community. That's why I spend my time elsewhere now.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus
    Amen brother Wayne.
    Although I still slow down to look at the car wreck....
    Come on shamus, you are still a regular here, so all you can say is you agree that nothing can be done?
    And Mac:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac
    Yeah, well said, but the way I understood it, you left a long time ago under equally "unsettling" circumstances. So, why even comment now?
    Are you saying that WD is a problem that can't be taken care of, and nothing will solve it but letting it die a slow death?

Damn guys, come back in a year and see. The way I see it, this place has been given the death knell over and over again, by all you lot, and it keeps on keeping on. New people simpley replace the old. Sure, you can go somewhere else and do what you do here, but, you always check in and note any difference. So, you just give up, pronounce death, and go away?
    Is that what you do with friendships?
    Well, sorry, but I don't!!!

So: anything constructive to add? Anybody???