need a fix for XviD codec for xp

Thread: need a fix for XviD codec for xp

Unhappy need a fix for XviD codec for xp

I can't play any XviD files' and my computer gets stuck every time I open a folder containing a Xvid file.
    I installed the codec, but I heard that there's a fix for xp for that codec.
    can anyone help me?

thanks!

go to http://mirror.edskes.com/ and download the K-Lite Full Codec Pack, install it and then try and play the files.
    What player are you using?

Can I get this bit clarified please ?

..my computer gets stuck every time I open a folder containing a Xvid file.
    So this is before you even try & play it ? Just if you open a folder containing an xvid ? Or didn't you word it 'good' ? & you mean when you try to play it ?

I wasn't wrong

Everytime I even open a folder containing XviD files I get an error messege about my xvid.dll

Quote Originally Posted by ygal78
    Everytime I even open a folder containing XviD files I get an error messege about my xvid.dll
    Right ho, I've had that one I think - something to do with thumbnails methinks ? Try just changing the view in the folder (you might have to do them all temporaily as if you can't access the one you want without getting an error etc - views being an inherited property) to list ..

I think when in thumnail view it'll try to fire the application to display the first frame of the file & thats what kicks the error. Will your player work if you do it the other way around ? So instead of double clicking on the movie or whatever, open up your player & do it that way ..

I wish I could remember what I did ! I fixed this up for somone a while ago (bloody useless you are sometimes 'ed ! No doubt if I get enough memory clues it'll come back to me - hopefully !)

Thumbs up Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    go to http://mirror.edskes.com/ and download the K-Lite Full Codec Pack, install it and then try and play the files.
    What player are you using?

Thank you!

Tried all that, mate

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Right ho, I've had that one I think - something to do with thumbnails methinks ? Try just changing the view in the folder (you might have to do them all temporaily as if you can't access the one you want without getting an error etc - views being an inherited property) to list ..

I think when in thumnail view it'll try to fire the application to display the first frame of the file & thats what kicks the error. Will your player work if you do it the other way around ? So instead of double clicking on the movie or whatever, open up your player & do it that way ..

I wish I could remember what I did ! I fixed this up for somone a while ago (bloody useless you are sometimes 'ed ! No doubt if I get enough memory clues it'll come back to me - hopefully !)

anyway, problem solved with the new codec kit from the TechZ!
    cheers!

He-he .. I'm not very awake today - of course that'll fix it - its got a more up to date version of the xvid codec .. when I ask the dude who I fixed it for he said 'you said go get the latest klite pack' - - like I said 'bloody uselss sometimes' !