delegate / out of office assistance help

Thread: delegate / out of office assistance help

delegate / out of office assistance help

what’s going on people??...
    i have a question, see if one of you guys can help me with this.

One of our VPs in the hospital has his secretary with delegates to his calendar. when the secretary sends out meeting requests for him, she receives the responses for the meeting requests (the way it should be), however, if someone has their "out of office assistant" turned on, the VP will receive the out of office reply but not his delegate.

Checked the delegate settings and everything seems ok, the VP has a check mark on “send meeting requests and responses
    Only to my delegates, not to me”.

Btw, they are both running windows xp pro with office xp pro.

Thanks
    Peligroso
    Assumption is the mother of all fucl< ups

Banned
    We had the same problem, honestly the whole delegate thing is massivly full of holes. So what I ended up doing was I set up his profile on her computer. If she had to send meetings and so forth, I had her log out of her outlook and then go back in under his then send the meeting. It took a lot of convincing to go with this method, but it worked well. Of course she got lazy, went back to the old delegate method and surprise would occasionaly have problems like this and others.

thanks Cleetus, but like you said, that will take A LOT of convencing to do, besides this girls are super busy and i dont think they will have the time to do it.
    and you are right, there are lots of holes in delegates.... (thanks bill gates) but there is got to be a way around it....

Banned
    Let me know if you find anything...

But yeah, I know how hard it is to get through to the high powered super stressed secretary that if she just took 5 seconds to close outlook, and 10 seconds to reopen it under the different profile(as I set up rights for that) that she could get everything done perfectly with absolutly no chances of any glitch that way. They would rather spend 25x that time to bitch about it and try to make you "work outside of the box" while finding their cheese...

well... dont you think it will be easier to give the secretary deleates to the VP's emais? that way she can receive the response and doesnt have to log off and log on from outlook with different users. besideds, most VPs do not allow their secretaries vew the inbox, there might be some delicate information that they dont want to share with their secretaries...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeLiGrOsO
    well... dont you think it will be easier to give the secretary deleates to the VP's emais? that way she can receive the response and doesnt have to log off and log on from outlook with different users. besideds, most VPs do not allow their secretaries vew the inbox, there might be some delicate information that they dont want to share with their secretaries...
    In my cases, they have access to the inbox as well. Remember, the whole thing falls back to the delegate option being used to a point to where they are practically trying to do everything for the VP(or other exec). And the delegate option will fail on different aspects. Heck, a lot of times the KB articles will say, "Well, don't use delegate, it has problems"(roughly paraphrased).

The worst problem we had was with making changes to meetings and sending those out. Always screwed up so much when changes were made and all the execs expected everything to be automatic with the stuff she sent out.