Handed my notice in! YES!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Handed my notice in! YES!

Handed my notice in! YES!

Finally got to hand my notice in on Monday as I've got a new job at last. No more travelling 76 miles round trip each day. Now get to do a 6 mile round trip, £2.5k more, MCSE paid for and will save myself £2k a year on petrol!

And best of all, I no longer have to deal with the crap and abuse I take from people here every single day!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

:butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt:

Sorry, just happy now thats all
    Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beef-cake, BEEF-CAKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Roberts
    Sorry, just happy now thats all
    No apology required for feeling happy - sounds like you found yourself a winner !

Great news!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Congrats!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Yeah well happy now. My boss hasn't even spoke to me since I handed in my notice. Got another member of the team to say he was OK with my leaving date as I halved my notice with holiday due to me. Apparently he was really surprised that I was going but it shouldn't have been! 3 months ago I hauled him up on a bullying charge with HR after he verbally insulted me in the office because I hadn't done a job which had nothing to do with me!!! He'd promised the client some work by X date yet when this came the client complained and he went nuts. He stormed into the open office which consists of 6 of us and 7 of the client and shouts:-

[Boss] Andy! What the f**k do I have to do to get you to do you f***ing job around here!!!
    [Me] Eh?
    [Boss] Explains the the job that hadn't been done
    *blank look from me and the rest of the team*
    [Me] Seriously I have no idea what your on about?
    [Boss] Oh yes here we go, always someone elses f***ing fault. You need to start taking f***ing responsibilty for your own actions else you can f**k off and take someone else for a mug.
    [Me] Hey I didn't know anything about it!!! Why the heck are you shouting at me!
    [Boss] Bol**ks! F***ing bol**ks! Just get the f**k out of my sight!!
    [Me] I then stormed out and called HR and complained.

Bearing in mind only 2 days before this he had given me a Business Excellence Award for always going that extra mile in my work

HR got straight onto it but when I came in the following day I found out HR has spoke to him and he called everyone into his office first thing when I was in the other building on a job. He had preparted a statement basically saying that he was not in the wrong and I was out of line in my reactions and was at fault for not completeing a task. Everyone had signed the form against me, even people I have been mates with for 7 years as he said to them if they didn't back him the account would suffer and they would all be out of a job within the month. I was told this by a few members of the team followed by "sorry we had to as its our jobs on the line!".

I complained to HR straight away but because my boss is one of the leading account managers in the company they were siding with him and agreeing with everything he said, despite the fact he never even spoke to HR about the issue or the fact he just given me a business excellence award.

2 days later I got called into his office by my area manager who basically said "lets just agree you were at fault and put it behind us, if not we will have to give you a written warning for the incident!" I refused and then got told "what choice do you have Andy. If you dont' agree how do you think you will get another job with this incident on your record and this many people signing a statement agaisnt you!"

I was briming over with anger at this point and just said "I'm not signing or agreeing to anything and if you want to do anything then take me to court, but be aware I have just recorded this whole meeting and if you try antyhing else I will drag you through the courts! I hadn't recorded it as didn't have anything to record on but you should have seen there faces drop when I told them!! I just walked out the office then and basically have said nothing to any of the people in the office for the past few months. I don't speak to the so called friends anymore even though they keep trying to say sorry but what the heck am I supposed to do. Stuff em!

When I handed my notice in I asked to have my notice waived but they refused but they haven't been able to prevent me taking my 1.5 weeks leave entitlement, so 2 weeks today this place will be getting the double bird as I walk out the door!

Can't wait....

Sorry for the rant..
    Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beef-cake, BEEF-CAKE!!

Tragically stupid corporate BS.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Banned
    How can they say you can't leave? If you are done working, you are done working, you already signed with someone else and these people showed you no respect, why give them the courtesy of the "two weeks"?

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Tragically stupid corporate BS.
    Thats why I've gone to a smaller company now

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    How can they say you can't leave? If you are done working, you are done working, you already signed with someone else and these people showed you no respect, why give them the courtesy of the "two weeks"?
    Not doing much now though. Pulled me of all my projects etc so just doing pretty much drivell for 2 weeks. Oh well, getting closing now.

Couldn't get out of the notice period though which is a bummer.

Lookin a bit pale there Andy might be flue

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Lookin a bit pale there Andy might be flue
    Funny you should say that

hmmmmm......<cough>...

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Roberts
    Not doing much now though. Pulled me of all my projects etc so just doing pretty much drivell for 2 weeks. Oh well, getting closing now.

Couldn't get out of the notice period though which is a bummer.
    Could you explain that? Here in the U.S., it's a great tradition to have a new job lined up, and to walk in the old bosses office and discuss topics such as his poor hygiene, grooming, choice of mouthwash, choice of sexual partners, and what animal they most resemble:

"You smelly, dirty, co@$su%k@ng, moth$%fu%^ing, a$$, I quit. Take this job and shove it."

That's usually sufficient notice. Any pay or benefits due you are protected by law.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    Could you explain that? Here in the U.S., it's a great tradition to have a new job lined up, and to walk in the old bosses office and discuss topics such as his poor hygiene, grooming, choice of mouthwash, choice of sexual partners, and what animal they most resemble:

"You smelly, dirty, co@$su%k@ng, moth$%fu%^ing, a$$, I quit. Take this job and shove it."

That's usually sufficient notice. Any pay or benefits due you are protected by law.

Wish it was the same here.

I had a mate do similar to that a few years ago. he went and handed his notice in and the boss go pi**ed at him, a slagging mate ensued until my mate shouted "your only p**sed because I know your shagging your secretary!" He was married as well but instead of making his boss back down, his boss refused his notice and sacked him for gross misconduct!

Over here if you hand in your notice and its accepted they still have to pay for and respect any benefits due, I think it just depends how you hand in your notice.

Beleive me I would love to let rip and tell him what I really think of him!

Any jobs going in America though? Would love to live over your side of the pond

Banned
    How can they fire you if you quit?

if i lived ther i would have some one send him a wedgie gram... that would be fun for the whole office to see!