Interpreting those pesky HijackThis logs ..

Thread: Interpreting those pesky HijackThis logs ..

Interpreting those pesky HijackThis logs ..

Just until Noo gets around to sticking this on her famous sticky (as its closed) - Look HERE for a brilliant tool (whoever posted it may step forward & take the applause, because its due ) as this is really handy & has saved me a ton of work already & hopefully it can save others hours of googling too

I think it was craigmodius.
    There are still plenty of "holes" in the utility though. Too many "unknown" processes, etc, but useful nonetheless.

FYI: there is another out there now by a squared which will do a live analysis as well, but with the same limitations. Give it a look see:
    http://www.hijackfree.com/en/

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    There are still plenty of "holes" in the utility though. Too many "unknown" processes, etc, but useful nonetheless.

FYI: there is another out there now by a squared which will do a live analysis as well, but with the same limitations. Give it a look see:

Generally I find its a good start for getting a system cleaned out or for that matter understanding the exent of the problem.

Often the Fix wont work and you have to go into safe mode etc

THe advantage of the Hijack log analyser is that it can be used to "Backtrack"
    to find out where you are up to.
    The lunatics are running the Country

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Just until Noo gets around to sticking this on her famous sticky (as its closed) - Look HERE for a brilliant tool (whoever posted it may step forward & take the applause, because its due ) as this is really handy & has saved me a ton of work already & hopefully it can save others hours of googling too
    that's pretty cool and should make the program a little more accessible for users other than experienced techs.

Hi-jack this is perhaps my favorite spyware / BHO / hi-jack tool. with it and access to google for odd processes I haven't seen, I can clean most anything up.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd

someone else posted it here before and that's how i found out about it.

of course it's no replacement for good old fashioned know-how, just another tool for the kit
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded