Just a question... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Just a question...

Quote Originally Posted by Khazad
    This is bloody retarded. Ice, rogue you guys have been acting like winy little brats. You're posting here had more motives than just to clarify the linking issue. WD is a corporate site and they do have to right to prevent competition for advertising in their webspace, they own it.

Trip, this self rightous crusade is a load of bs. You do have some good point about what some people have been doing here, but if you're trying to tell me your link to TOS was simply to help and not to have new users see TOS and possible join, i don't believe it. And now I think you saw people starting to become childish and saw it as an opportunity to look down your nose at them. You constantly post about how you post more than other people in the help forums like that somehow it makes you better than them. Well, if that's what you think you might want to re-evaliate the way you think. Elitist bull**** causes too much crap in the world.

And Richard1, all i have to say is i agree with cleetus, if you think the member of the forums do not contribute to the bottom line and survival of this site you're mistaken. If the community stagnates it will show in the bottom line of the site. I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, i'm just tired of hearing people ranting and not listening to other sides of the argument.

And for anyone who may try to attack me, yes i do enjoy some of the squabbling that goes on here. But it's the stuff that is all in good fun and everyone involved knows what it is. Right now people are getting pissed off and it's time to put it to an end.
    Attack you?
    Why would anyone do that?
    You are right: It IS time to put an end to it and get along in this virtual world we call our own.
    R1 never said he didn't agree with what "WE" contribute? So, what are you really saying? That there needs to be more input from the leaders? If so, well, he did promise that, and I for one believe he will deliver.
    But me: a self righteous crusader and elitist? Wow, you have no idea whatsoever. I wouldn't be here helping people I don't even know, as well as this website, if that was the case. So, be careful whom you cast aspersions at when you have no clue.
    And 3fs: you will hear from him.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Attack you?
    Why would anyone do that?
    You are right: It IS time to put an end to it and get along in this virtual world we call our own.
    R1 never said he didn't agree with what "WE" contribute? So, what are you really saying? That there needs to be more input from the leaders? If so, well, he did promise that, and I for one believe he will deliver.
    But me: a self righteous crusader and elitist? Wow, you have no idea whatsoever. I wouldn't be here helping people I don't even know, as well as this website, if that was the case. So, be careful whom you cast aspersions at when you have no clue.
    And 3fs: you will hear from him.
    Listen, i know how to decipher people. It is a very useful skill. You say that you would not help people if you were an elitist. But think, helping people give you ststus here. You do use that as a means of measuring yourself agains other people here. Even in your weply you put WE in quotes when you were talking about helping people, insinuating that i do not help people, or just not as much as you. And you've repeatedly bashed people for not posting in the tech forums and tried to put them beneath you. Don't assume i speak before looking at a situation. I'm willing to look at myself and discover my flaws, are you?
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    I've been looking for my flaws for 31 years and so far haven't come up with anything. Someone did a d*mn fine job when they were assembling me. I should procreate as much as possible.
    WWBRD?

Quote Originally Posted by Khazad
    Listen, i know how to decipher people. It is a very useful skill. You say that you would not help people if you were an elitist. But think, helping people give you ststus here. You do use that as a means of measuring yourself agains other people here. Even in your weply you put WE in quotes when you were talking about helping people, insinuating that i do not help people, or just not as much as you. And you've repeatedly bashed people for not posting in the tech forums and tried to put them beneath you. Don't assume i speak before looking at a situation.

I'm willing to look at myself and discover my flaws, are you?
    Me, too, Khaz.
    So, I put a word in quotes and now you have deciphered me?
    Ah, tell me about it if you would be so kind?

OH how i love the simplicity of resorting to sarcasm, don't you? I never said i was readin you from one statement, but from what i have see of your activities so far on this board. And i am not saying that i know every aspect about you, that would be foolish. I have however noticed that you are emotional and irrational at time, but irrationality is a by product of emotion. Other than that I do see as i've said a hint of elitism that shows up. It is not something that initially stands out in your actions, but is passive. Which leads me to believe it is sub-concious. But then again i don't know why i'm explaining any of this, because you'll like just ignore it as nothing anyways.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Indeed I will. As I recall, your first "action" here was to attack Ya_know as well. Remember? I do.
    Perhaps it's time to reread Sun-Tzu?

Note: '24' is on in about 20 minutes over here on the west coast. Everyone should tune in tonight. I think another nuke might go off this week.
    Hello World

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Note: '24' is on in about 20 minutes over here on the west coast. Everyone should tune in tonight. I think another nuke might go off this week.
    Already watched it here in Cleveland..

Want to know what happens???
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician

If the "override device" was so important to find, and if it had the ability to counteract the activity of the genius "fat boy" at CTU, why then, once they narrowed down the location of the device didn't they surround the building, and disable all data transmission in and out of the building while Jack went in to find it and Marwan??? Seems to me that what the fat boy was doing was working, the problem was that Marwan was manually reviving the attacks on the 5 remaining plants, staying one step ahead of Fat boy. One call to Sprint (or what ever the carrier) with executive authority, they could have shut him down, maybe even sniffed him out, something...Also, with all of the planning involved, it seems like a stupid single point of failure mistake on the terrorist’s part. I have to think they are smarter than that, I mean, what are there, like 14 hours left in the day still??? The seasons far from over Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    If the "override device" was so important to find, and if it had the ability to counteract the activity of the genius "fat boy" at CTU, why then, once they narrowed down the location of the device didn't they surround the building, and disable all data transmission in and out of the building while Jack went in to find it and Marwan??? Seems to me that what the fat boy was doing was working, the problem was that Marwan was manually reviving the attacks on the 5 remaining plants, staying one step ahead of Fat boy. One call to Sprint (or what ever the carrier) with executive authority, they could have shut him down, maybe even sniffed him out, something...Also, with all of the planning involved, it seems like a stupid single point of failure mistake on the terrorist’s part. I have to think they are smarter than that, I mean, what are there, like 14 hours left in the day still??? The seasons far from over Jack!
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. 5 nuclear facilities were melting down. They had to find the override device to stop that from happening. They did secure the building, but they had to do it in a way that wouldn't let Marwan know they were there because he would run and hide with the override and then they'd be F'ed. There was nothing more Edgar could do until they found the device. Also,.. shutting down data transmission would not help. The only data that could be sent out of the building was override transmission which they needed to shut down the nuclear meltdowns.

You do make one good point though,.. if they could triangulate his cell signal then they could capture his exact coordinates. But I don't think they had that information.

Btw,.. did anyone notice when Curtis grabbed the phone off that guy to call CTU how quickly the number got dialed? It almost sounded like a> CTU's number was on the terrorists speed dial and b> Curtis knew which speed dial to press without even hesistating. I thought it was funny.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician

Ok sure -- I just finished watching it btw.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute
    Thanks anyways trip and ed, but was actually looking to hear from Richard1 on this:
    Fair do's .. my 'busy body chip' has got stuck in over-drive lately .. if you want to guarantee an answer from 'the boss' when you make a comment that you feel warrants answer only from him, try using the 'report post' link (that bits in bold as I keep saying button ! ) which is found in the area below your signature ..

& I don't believe you are all fans of 24 ! .. contrived claptrap .. mmm...that's familiar !

Iif they could triangulate his cell signal then they could capture his exact coordinates. But I don't think they had that information.
    Modern phones have GSM inbuilt for such purposes why didnt they use it?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. 5 nuclear facilities were melting down. They had to find the override device to stop that from happening. They did secure the building, but they had to do it in a way that wouldn't let Marwan know they were there because he would run and hide with the override and then they'd be F'ed. There was nothing more Edgar could do until they found the device. Also,.. shutting down data transmission would not help. The only data that could be sent out of the building was override transmission which they needed to shut down the nuclear meltdowns.

You do make one good point though,.. if they could triangulate his cell signal then they could capture his exact coordinates. But I don't think they had that information.

Btw,.. did anyone notice when Curtis grabbed the phone off that guy to call CTU how quickly the number got dialed? It almost sounded like a> CTU's number was on the terrorists speed dial and b> Curtis knew which speed dial to press without even hesistating. I thought it was funny.
    But the Over ride device was required by the terrorists, because fatboy was reversing the activity at the plants. Marwan was actively using the Override to change the attack to ensure everything Edgar was doing could not prevent the meltdowns. Edgar knew that like 3 hours ago, he could have stopped it if it wasn't for the continued attacks. Remember, Marwan kept telling his henchies that he needed more time to facilitate the meltdown sequences...

It just seemed like an easy Single Point of Failure that could have been exploited by the good guys…once the device was found, they could revive the data connections to the building, and use it to reverse all activity.

Well since the question was answered I'm going to shut this thread down. Feel free to start another 24 thread as I am a big fan. Watched it early this morning thanks to Tivo.