What does the future hold? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What does the future hold?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Nope!
    No again. Personally, I used to work at a college, so I am used to debates and the ability to move on after disagreements. How about you? How about any of you all?
    And, again, don't forget about the members who don't know anything about the lounge.
    As memory serves, the only time you have moved on was under threat of further banning.
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Ya the only thing left to be fully addressed is the recent censorship. I'm with ya_know. There was nothing in there that could not have been edited, or a post or two removed at most, not nuking the entire thread. I also believe it was a form of damage control for the company to cover up the descent and management blunders.

I bring it up only because it is a major concern to me. Anywhere i cannot represent my views feels hostile to me.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Khazad, you views were noted and taken into account.... but do me a favour, don't sign up as a diplomat ok?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Nope ... you are behind the times .. you've got some more threads to read/re-read .

At the minute, I believe the summary to be .. Noo & Don & DA are now re-promoted & 'talks' continue.
    Oh yeah, I am slow, one is fixed, now how do we fix the other

I'm guessing that the "censorship" you're referring to was when sclark moved the thread on "Why get bent out of shape?"

I just went over it again and yes, there were a couple of words that are inappropriate for minors. Yes, maybe he could have editted out those words but it was a lot easier to just move it out of sight for the time being.

That being said, things are settling down and should be back to normal soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJ
    I'm guessing that the "censorship" you're referring to was when sclark moved the thread on "Why get bent out of shape?"

I just went over it again and yes, there were a couple of words that are inappropriate for minors. Yes, maybe he could have editted out those words but it was a lot easier to just move it out of sight for the time being.

That being said, things are settling down and should be back to normal soon.
    I apologize to the board for using any language I used that would have been inappropriate to minors

I thought we did have a good discussion in that thread otherwise though. We asked questions that should be answered by Management, but probably not at this time, given the recent events

I think they will get answered as a result of this
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Khazad, you views were noted and taken into account.... but do me a favour, don't sign up as a diplomat ok?
    Awww, but i want diplomatic immunity

But in all seriousness, i do push until i get a response. But it seems that's the only way things get done anymore. At least i didn't resort to flaming everyone involved, that would have been way too easy.
    Last edited by Khazad; March 2nd, 2005 at 01:47 PM.
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    Sun-tzu (~400 BC), The Art of War. Emptiness and Fullness

Quote Originally Posted by Khazad
    People have already started letting bygone's be bygone's, they're saying "bye, I'm gone"
    LMFAO! That just made this pile worth reading.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!