Panasonic KX-P4455 prints very slowly

Thread: Panasonic KX-P4455 prints very slowly

Exclamation Panasonic KX-P4455 prints very slowly

Hi all. I'm hoping someone around here can help.
    I aquired an old Panasonic KX-P4455 Laser Printer that is supposed to be able to do 10ppm, but is only doing about 2ppm. It has 4MB of RAM onboard. Postscript is enabled. In the driver setup, I have "Assume header is already downloaded" selected, along with "Postscript optimized for faster printing" selected. The data format is set for RAW (the only choice). I'm using the drivers that come with Windows 98SE. Here's some more of my specs:

AMD K6/300
    128MB PC100
    10GB HD
    Soltek SL-54U1 Board
    SIS 6326 8MB Video
    Windows 98SE
    ECP Printer Port using I/O 378, IRQ 7, DMA 3

I like the printer, but I hate having to wait on a long paper or webpage to print. It prints a page, and then sits there flashing for about 30 seconds before printing the next page.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Sykophreak

GJFowler

Postscript printing is likely to be slow, specially with only 4M onboard. If the driver offers GUI mode, try it instead.
    Panasonic themselves have only produced Win3.1 drivers for this printer, however its secondary emulation is HP Laserjet Series II.
    You could try installing the Win98 driver for that and see how it goes.

StevePorter

Exclamation

Postscript printing is a dog. You really need to push your memory way up to get the speed to be even somewhat acceptable. Before HP released PCL6 drivers for my HP5000 Laserjet, I was forced to use their PS drivers. What a difference to get the PCL6 drivers. I'll never use PS drivers again...

------------------
    Sometimes computer problems require extreme measures. Our hero, the Intrepid Spaceman Spiff, sets his blaster on "deep fat fry..."