Wisdom teeth removal?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom teeth removal?

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Wisdom teeth removal?

I just got word that I need to get my wisdom teeth removed this thursday and I just wanted any info you guys could provide about it. What was it like? How long was recovery? Do you have any lasting side effects?

I was given 7.5mg hydracodone and 600mg ibuprofen for the pain (gave it to me early so I didnt have to go to the pharmacy after I got it done) and I am wondering how it affects you. Im not much into pills, so I am wondering if its the kind of drug that makes you stupid along with dulling pain, or just the kind that dulls the pain.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Hydrocodone is a Schedule III narcotic analgesic that can indeed make you "loopy", dizzy, nauseous, and decrease your ability to concentrate. Having teeth remove, though can be rather painful. You didn't say whether you are having them surgically removed or pulled, but either way its gonna really hurt. Luckily, you probably shouldn't have to take it for more than a day or two.

I had mine pulled a long time ago along with many others (I had a severe over-bite as a young dork and had braces and the whole works). I remember it being uncomfortable while the dentist worked on it, and feeling kinda weird (from the laughing gas) but I don't remember any huge amounts of pain afterward. Plus, back then they didn't really hand out so many drugs. I don't remember having to take any pills for the pain. I think I took some tylenol or something. You should be ok.
    Hello World

I had four wisdom teeth removed at once. It was done in Lima, Peru.

My Spanish was/is minimal. The (highly skilled) dentist's English was minimal. It was an interesting situation.

The experience was probably painful.

I believe that there were some heavy-duty narcotics involved in the preparation and the aftermath and that their effects are largely responsible for my somewhat vague recollection of the whole experience.

i was told i needed all 4 wisdom teeth pulled because of some infection which even I could see on the xray. i couldnt afford the 1600 tarrif at the time so i asked if there was anything else to do. the pain was incredible so i had to do sumthing. i took a round of heavy antibiotics and within a few days the pain went away as well as the infection. thats been 2 years and i have been pain free.

I had mine removed in December and January. I was having deep scale cleaning at the same time, so they did one side one time, and the other side the next time. Got hit with 600mg Ibuprofen, an analgesic, and plenty of novocaine. Thanked him for letting me be his pincushion. *chuckle* I made that periodontist earn his pay those days. Or as he said, "I guess I don't have to work out today" LOL

They gave me prescriptions for Tylenol3 and something else afterwards, and I didn't even bother filling either of them. The only soreness I had was from him wrestling with my jaw for about 15 minutes trying to get one stubborn tooth out. The bottoms of the prongs of my tooth were hooked outward, so it acted like an anchor.

For the most part, I didn't feel a thing. I probably could have gone to work the next day, but I wasn't going to push my luck. I just called in, and rested. The only lasting effect that I've noticed is that my two front molars on the top are now sensitive to cold liquids. I think it's because the enamel was scraped off the tooth while he was digging for gold. LOL

My 4 were removed 2 weeks ago tuesday. Was knocked out for the removal so dont remember a thing about it except my wife said I wouldnt shut up talking. Which made the bleeding last longer. 2 Weeks later and I still have a tingling in my chin but its getting better. But they told me to expect it because of my age im to damn old to be having them taken out lol. Ibuprofen over the counter i lived on for a week it was better than what the doc told me to get from the pharmacy. But all in all it wasnt to bad even lost 8 pounds in a week cause I was scared to eat anything solid lol.

scabs

Mine are being surgically removed, complete bony mesial impaction. Bottom teeth are tilted sideways and the top 2 are straight but there is not enough room for them. The top will be cut open and pulled, the bottom will be cut open and then the tooth cut into pieces and then removed.

I got some nasty mouthwash stuff to use starting now and continueing after the procedure as well as amoxicillin, 600mg ibuprofen, and the hydracodone 7.5/500 tabs.

The thing that worries me the most is the nerve damage that can happen as a result of having them removed. I know it usually heals, but the small chance that it wont bothers me.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

That case Rad, you are going to look like a hamster for a few days... get lots of stuff you like to eat that can be liquidised. I had that procedure at 14... it was summer. Strawberries and avocadoes were in and my favourite.

I found that witchhazel took the bruising down quickly and I was back to normal in a week. Pain I don't remember, it was a long time ago.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar

Talking

wisdom teeth or as I call them pain in the ***....

Heres what happened to me went to get 1 removed. Entered docs office was called in gave a local shot

Well if it didnt take when he started poking with his sharp pointer I kicked and accidently knocked tray over.
    So he gives me another local well now my whole head is froze he gets the pliers in try and try nothing.

call in others one straps head down and holds it. while the nurse is on my legs and the doc climbs on my chest with his knee. He pulls for all he is worth five mines later and with a pop my tooth is removed...

Needless to say I still owe the bastard $200 because I told him when he started shoving his knee in my chest this wasnt right

Who can understand a frozen mouth man with a pair of pliers in it

Anyhow long story short he kept the tooth I walked out in discust....

Swearing if he every tried it again I would remove his teeth with my knuckles...
    Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar

Talking

wisdom teeth or as I call them pain in the butt....

Heres what happened to me went to get 1 removed. Entered docs office was called in gave a local shot

Well if it didnt take when he started poking with his sharp pointer I kicked and accidently knocked tray over.
    So he gives me another local well now my whole head is froze he gets the pliers in try and try nothing.

call in others one straps head down and holds it. while the nurse is on my legs and the doc climbs on my chest with his knee. He pulls for all he is worth five mines later and with a pop my tooth is removed...

Needless to say I still owe the bastard $200 because I told him when he started shoving his knee in my chest this wasnt right

Who can understand a frozen mouth man with a pair of pliers in it

Anyhow long story short he kept the tooth I walked out in discust....

Swearing if he every tried it again I would remove his teeth with my knuckles...
    Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!

It was obviously twice as bad for GWN!

My bottom two were infected AND impacted, so the removal and discomfort were minimal compared to the pain I endured before they were removed. Tylenol 2 (with codeine) was enough to get me through.

The dentist fought some 2 hours to remove mine, it's root was very close to some facial nerves... but he did a great job, it was almost painless (thanks to novocaine), healed really quick...
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Mine are fairly close to the nerve, but he said that he is confident that it will not take longer than an hour or so to remove all four of them. I am pretty much scared ****less, I know its over nothing but I am just worried that something is going to go wrong

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Just ask for the gas, sleep like a baby...
    Sergeant WOTPP