If you were to die today do you know where you would go? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were to die today do you know where you would go?

Banned
    After watching Constantine yesterday, what yo uhave to do is kill yourself twice, sacrifice yourself for a hot chick, kill demons and smoke a lot

ok... but was it a good movie? Do I shell out my hard won alimony on seeing in the theatre, or wait for the DVD?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

OK, we've met i n e p t. Which one of your brothers is this one a d e p t?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    ok... but was it a good movie? Do I shell out my hard won alimony on seeing in the theatre, or wait for the DVD?
    I only go to one or two movies a year. The popcorn was way subpar, the movie kept me very entertained. Lots of demons, cool effects, not a lot of guns, no nudity, no car chases, I was very entertained though, cool concept.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    OK, we've met i n e p t. Which one of your brothers is this one a d e p t?

Unrelated to me, meatwad.

The only thing .ki. is guilty of here is poor judgement. Inviting ridicule is cruel and uncalled for, but I cannot see why this thread has been allowed to go on unless either that was the intent or that religious disussions are now acceptable again.

FYI, I reported this thread yesterday when there was only 1 reply in it, hoping to do some damage control.

Welcome .ki. As you see, this seems to be the accepted practice when you express your spiritual views in public here...

...and why I no longer do so.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Unrelated to me, meatwad.

The only thing .ki. is guilty of here is poor judgement. Inviting ridicule is cruel and uncalled for, but I cannot see why this thread has been allowed to go on unless either that was the intent or that religious disussions are now acceptable again.

FYI, I reported this thread yesterday when there was only 1 reply in it, hoping to do some damage control.

Welcome .ki. As you see, this seems to be the accepted practice when you express your spiritual views in public here...

Amen.

you know that's a load of BS adept.

there is a difference between expressing your spiritual view and evanglising / preaching / judging etc

the majority of people here (myself included) are more than open to discuss spirituality / religion what I am not open for is being preached to, or conversion attempts, judgement etc.

here is the general problem I usually see. my christian friends and family tell me how great jesus is and how great their life is because of jesus (or mary / the pope in the case of my catholic friends) and I say that's cool I'm glad your happy. I say my life is good because of my belief (which I'm finding leans more towards deism flavored with eastern philosphy) and Instead of them saying "that's cool I'm glad your happy" they say " you know you're going to hell" or something like that.

I'm more than willing to respect and listen to someone elses beliefs I just expect the same in return
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    I'm more than willing to respect and listen to someone elses beliefs I just expect the same in return
    werd.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    you know that's a load of BS adept.

there is a difference between expressing your spiritual view and evanglising / preaching / judging etc

the majority of people here (myself included) are more than open to discuss spirituality / religion what I am not open for is being preached to, or conversion attempts, judgement etc.

here is the general problem I usually see. my christian friends and family tell me how great jesus is and how great their life is because of jesus (or mary / the pope in the case of my catholic friends) and I say that's cool I'm glad your happy. I say my life is good because of my belief (which I'm finding leans more towards deism flavored with eastern philosphy) and Instead of them saying "that's cool I'm glad your happy" they say " you know you're going to hell" or something like that.

What kato said. Lighten up.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Your beliefs imply certain philosophies, ideas and consequences which you express freely and are lauded for, kato.

Their (christian) beliefs also imply certain philosophies, ideas and consequences but when expressed... ?

You see, myself and other christians are simply expressing our own experiences, views and understandings of the spiritual - as anyone should be allowed to do.

Or is freedom of religion and expression too "self-righteous" for only some, but not others?

The very idea of those freedoms originates in the interpretation of the Bible by the founding fathers of the US.

Lighten up indeed.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Why do religious topics always start a fight?
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Your beliefs imply certain philosophies, ideas and consequences which you express freely and are lauded for, kato.

Their (christian) beliefs also imply certain philosophies, ideas and consequences but when expressed...

To clarify this, the christian belief system implies by its very nature that it is to be shared with others.

Hopefully knowing this will explain why the "preaching" or "evangelizing" occurs in the first place. It is NOT lack of respect in regards to others, it is care and concern for them that is being expressed.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    To clarify this, the christian belief system implies by its very nature that it is to be shared with others.

Hopefully knowing this will explain why the "preaching" or "evangelizing" occurs in the first place. It is NOT lack of respect in regards to others, it is care and concern for them that is being expressed.
    Sharing with others is great. Just make sure that you're sharing with someone who wants to share.

Care and concern? Well I appreciate other people's concern for me, no, wait, I don't. Want to help me? Send money. Preaching your beliefs on ears that are not receptive, just doesn't work. And it will invite ridicule.

I believe.... There doesn't need to be anymore discussion from my end. I choose not to share my beliefs with others. If I wanted to share, I would choose an appropriate place to do so. I don't need and or care to have my beliefs analyzed by anyone else.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by gazzak
    Why do religious topics always start a fight?
    Because religion is the NO 1 war starter in all of history.
    Religion is responsible for more death and genocide then anything.
    For me its about faith not religion
    Last edited by Ferrit; March 15th, 2005 at 11:26 AM.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    Sharing with others is great. Just make sure that you're sharing with someone who wants to share.

Care and concern? Well I appreciate other people's concern for me, no, wait, I don't. Want to help me? Send money. Preaching your beliefs on ears that are not receptive, just doesn't work. And it will invite ridicule.

I believe.... There doesn't need to be anymore discussion from my end. I choose not to share my beliefs with others. If I wanted to share, I would choose an appropriate place to do so. I don't need and or care to have my beliefs analyzed by anyone else.
    I think this is pretty well said. like I said earlier, for me it's about respect and non judgement, and I think generally those are two things that are difficult to have when you are completely convinced you are right. it's kind of hard to respect something you think is completely wrong ...... so I don't really buy that someone who is telling me the way I'm living my life is wrong and I'm going to hell has a whole lot of respect for me or my chosen path

the difference I see from my chrisitan friends who are devout is I say "this is my one chosen path of many" they say "my path is the only path."

it's hard to be open minded when you've already made up your mind.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello