Ladies ! ... explain this 'shoe fetish' stuff please !

Thread: Ladies ! ... explain this 'shoe fetish' stuff please !

Hybrid View

Talking Ladies ! ... explain this 'shoe fetish' stuff please !

..You can never have enough shoes or handbags ..
    Ok, my current lady (I'm far too old for 'girlfriends' now sadly ) .. has this 'thing' about shoes & practically every woman I can think of seems to be the same, yet she is convinced (as again, is seemingly practically every woman ) that her feet are some strange abnormality that require covering up ..

So why the hell does she have like 50+ pairs of shoes ? & why are shoes such a 'need' ? .. handbags seem to be another thing while we are on this subject - is it also 'necessary' to have 'loads' of them ?

So I thoroughly don't get this shoe & handbag cleptomania/fetish ! .. so go on then ladies, I'm only a 'stupid man' (I know you think that about us all ! ) you'll have to explain ..

This is all the male of the species fault. They require us to "look beautiful and fresh". Therefore we have to spend all our time buying new clothes to keep the look fresh. New clothes means that shoes and handbag must match not only the outfit but must also deal with the praticalities of the occasion.

If your lady wore a lovely outfit to a cocktail party with shoes that did not match, it would not be long before you would notice your fellow males wondering why she spent all that money on a dress and then couldn't be bothered to finish off the look... the logical answer is because she couldn't afford it, therefore reflecting on your generousity.

If you lot quit drooling over matchstick thin girls in stillettos, then there would be no pressure for the rest of us to emulate the look.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Gimme a good pair of tennis shoes and jeans and its all good. :thumbu:

So -ed, I don't get it either!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

Quote Originally Posted by PuterGeekGirl
    ..So -ed, I don't get it either!
    Oh don't tell me that .. I was about to 'let rip' on Noo for blaming all of this on men !

Men are simple souls compared to women ( I can hear you, btw ladies - all laughing your bits off thinking "ain't you just ?" ) & I was hoping for some 'better explain' ..

I can't make the connection as yet between wanting to look like Kate Moss & seeming to need a bigger shoe collection than Imelda Marcos

Banned
    Because with feminism and the empowerment of the female half of the species things changed. Fashion actually moved from a male centered thing over to the female. Heck look back in the day, men dressed up for everything, look at us now, we are slobs.

Now, with women taking over fashion and giving themselves more options plus having more buying power we see the truth of the female. They are a million times more competitive then the males. The must show themselves to be the best possible carrier of the best male's seed and they will do anything to take out the competition. The more clothes, the more styles require them to coordinate more of their clothes to look better then the other female that might catch that better man. It is a race to be better then the next female.

Women are pure evil, too bad I like them way to damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus
    Because with feminism and the empowerment of the female half of the species things changed. Fashion actually moved from a male centered thing over to the female. Heck look back in the day, men dressed up for everything, look at us now, we are slobs.

Now, with women taking over fashion and giving themselves more options plus having more buying power we see the truth of the female. They are a million times more competitive then the males. The must show themselves to be the best possible carrier of the best male's seed and they will do anything to take out the competition. The more clothes, the more styles require them to coordinate more of their clothes to look better then the other female that might catch that better man. It is a race to be better then the next female.

Women are pure evil, too bad I like them way to damn much.
    What are you talking about? "Back in the day" Which day?
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Personally I think it is because most women are far more civilized than men and are fully conscientious of their appearance.

Blame it on the patriachy, blame it on feminization, whatever. I admire anyone, male or female, who dresses to match their personality, and doesn't feel encumbered by the restraints of cultural mores and folkways. :butt:
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGofBLEH
    Personally I think it is because most women are far more civilized than men and are fully conscientious of their appearance...
    What's on the inside is what's supposed to be important, hence Noo 'wailing' earlier about 'matchstick thin' .. he's says assuming the moral high ground ! (Crikey, the air up here is very thin .. its making me dizzy )