Troj_ieser.a

Thread: Troj_ieser.a

Troj_ieser.a

I've got a laptop that I've already removed 20 odd trojans off, but I can't get rid of this one. Trendmicros house call actually shuts down when it finds it saying it can't be removed. AVG doesn't see it at all ...What I'd like to find is something bootable to eradicate it. AVG's boot disks don't seem to like XP or vice versa. Any thoughts,suggestions? Reformating (MY choice) is not an option.

This how I did it.

1.Put the computer in safe mode with networking.
    2.Go to www.housecall.trendmicro.com.
    3.scan and delete

XP only.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Go to the Nyquil kids antivirus cd download the newest version iso, burn it to cd and run it..It will scan and delete or repair about 15000 bits of malware..it also has virus updates for Mcafee and Norton, all sorts of spyware utilities and the latest definitions for them, tcp/ip repair tools, and specific virus repair tools. It is a bootable cd. I use this in the shop on a daily basis, and it's a great tool and great timesaver
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Cool...I'll give both those a try. Thank you gentlemen!

sweet...that did the trick geoscomp!

Didn't have internet access for your trick grampa Doc...my winsock was hosed...
    thanks for the tip though. I'll remember to use it when I have the option...
    Thanks again Gents!

Quote Originally Posted by geoscomp
    Go to the Nyquil kids antivirus cd download the newest version iso, burn it to cd and run it..It will scan and delete or repair about 15000 bits of malware..it also has virus updates for Mcafee and Norton, all sorts of spyware utilities and the latest definitions for them, tcp/ip repair tools, and specific virus repair tools. It is a bootable cd. I use this in the shop on a daily basis, and it's a great tool and great timesaver

Thanks geo.
    This should be part of every techs arsenal along with Ultimate Boot CD, and Barts.
    Any others I've missed?
    Last edited by TripleRLtd; March 19th, 2005 at 01:48 PM.

hI

I was wondering if you could give me some advice on trojans. My norton anti virus was doing a routine scan the other day and flagged up a virus that it said it could not delete or repair. The virus is in my c drive and is a trojan known as c\windows\HCHmG.Exe

i did a windows search for it and tried to delete it that way but that didn't work either.

I had aa look at the forum and have downloaded the McAfee Stinger to try and see if i can get rid of it using that but that hasn;t worked either. do you know how to delete a file that is infected with the trojan virus off of my windows XP system. im at a lossat what to do next as neither norton nor the stinger has been unable to delete the file.

any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
    Poonie

Welcome to Windrivers Poonie.

Boot into safemode and run Stinger and your other virus scanners from there.