Office 2003 Toolbar

Thread: Office 2003 Toolbar

Office 2003 Toolbar

It is my understanding that M$ in thier infinate wisdom has done away with the Office Toolbar in 2003. I also have been told that there are some 3rd party companies that have taken up that slack. Can someone shed some light on this? Can someone reccomend a 3rd party developer that they like?

Thanks

WOW! Hard to believe that no one has responded to this one. Anyone? Anyone?

Quick launch toolbar from Windows?
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee
    Quick launch toolbar from Windows?

That's the best I could come up with. I was shocked to find no tool bar in 2003. I went to the help feature within word, typed in toolbar, or whatever I searched with, and it came up with the explanation that there wasn't one. Progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    I was shocked to find no tool bar in 2003.
    I wasn't...I was surprised it lasted so long to be honest. It was taking too many resources... I don't know anyone that is using it, nobody has ever requested it... Why would anyone need it when there is another toolbar built into Windows?
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee
    I wasn't...I was surprised it lasted so long to be honest. It was taking too many resources... I don't know anyone that is using it, nobody has ever requested it... Why would anyone need it when there is another toolbar built into Windows?
    Too many resources??? What are you smokin? It used too many resources on a P200 with 32 MB of RAM, but on any 1 GHz anything with 512 MB it becomes a completely unnoticed process...I've never had an issue with it, even on the slower PC's. Sure, no one ever requests it because you've never set it up for them...they don't know what they’re missing.

What I like about it is this. I keep my systray visible because I actually use everything in it, and only keep 2 or three shortcuts in my quick launch. My office toolbar is set to “auto fit title bar”, so that it doesn’t hide the close or minimize button on maximized windows, and it’s always on top, also only has a few shortcuts. It’s nice, concise, and I like the position it takes when I have it setup this way…

I agree with you YaKnow. I liked everything about it too. As far as not knowing anyone that uses it, just walk into any office with 3 people or more that have an earlier version OTHER THAN 2003 and you will see people using it. Granted that most of them dont know how to properly cusomise it but if there are multiple PCs in an office with MS Office installed, alomst all of them will have it. At least in the 50 or so different bussinesses that I have been in.