Fax Machine

Thread: Fax Machine

Question Fax Machine

i feel real dumb for asking this, but how do i install the fax machine driver for my computer??
    the one that lets your select it as a printer and send docs to other fax machines.
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

[geek code]
    v3.12
    GCS
    d- s: a-- C++>$ US>$ UL>$ P+ L+ E--- W++>$ N K- w O---- PS PE Y+ t+ 5++ X R tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e h-- r+ y++
    [/geek code]

Exclamation

Most modems will come with some sort of FaxTalk Communicator software or something similar. BitWare is another software product that lets you use the modem as a fax machine. This software is included on the drivers disk that comes with the modem.

To make sure it's installed, open your Word or Excel document, click on File/Print. Your default printer should be listed in the drop down menu. Click on that down arrow...you will see FaxTalk Communicator or something similar. If it's there, select it. If it's not there, then you know that you need to install it.

Depending on which version of WinDoze you're using, WinFax may be included in the OS. Go to Start/Find...do a search for "fax" and see what comes up. I believe that is included in Win95 only.

Hope this helps you out...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

got win 98 installed.. i had the fax on win95, and the modem i got now somehow was upgraded during the last comp upgrade and it didnt have a disk that came with it..

btw the modem is a gvc 33.6Kbps SP PnP Internal T2. if nebody knows where to find the fax software it would be much appreciated!!
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

[geek code]
    v3.12
    GCS
    d- s: a-- C++>$ US>$ UL>$ P+ L+ E--- W++>$ N K- w O---- PS PE Y+ t+ 5++ X R tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e h-- r+ y++
    [/geek code]

Go here for a trial version of BitWare.

I also found WinFax Pro. Looks like it costs $29.95.

You can perform a Search on the web for "fax software"...lots of choices out there.

Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!