[RESOLVED] HP 3400C Scanjet not responding

Thread: [RESOLVED] HP 3400C Scanjet not responding

RobH667006

Question HP 3400C Scanjet not responding

Hi all,
    I've been doing a bit of tech support work for my father (Fairly PC illiterate and 600 mi away).

He's just bought a HP 3400C Scanjet box. He loaded the software without problems but when he pushes the button nothing happens.

Personally I reckon the driver's not loaded but I don't know the name of the executable.

The scanner is hooked to an old Compaq Deskpro PI box running 98. He has got a printer hooked through the scanner. Could this be causing the problem?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob

Exclamation

Hi,

Drivers for your Dad's ScanJet are located here:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindex...0506_swen.html

Did your dad also get a CD-ROM disk that came with the ScanJet? If so, then he will need to install the Scanning software also. It looks like the downloaded version is about 30MB. There are, however, links for ordering the CD which will have all of the software included. Also, links on that webpage for Solving a Problem, Using Your Product, etc...some good info there.

As for the parallel port, you will probably need to go into the BIOS settings and set the LPT port to ECP or ECP+3 or some variation thereof. This will allow that port to control more than one unit...for instance, a scanner and a printer.

Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!