Help

Thread: Help

Smile Help

Hi,

New to Windrivers hoping that someone will be able to help me. Try to give much detail as possible for the problem, but not much of a computer whiz.

It all started when i download Windows Spyware beta, installed, ran found spyware started to delete spyware and computer crushed half way through process. When reload most programs would not load, as i have two hard drives transfered all important stuff to second for storage and formatted OS hard drive and started to Re-install Xp. Everything went fine but just need to reinstall drives for the different types of hardware. This all went well but the last which is Multimedia Audio Controller. I have the disk which came with system but this seems to get rid of the yellow mark besides the MA Controller.

I am really stuck and any ideas would be much approiacted.

Hi BS

if the driver that came with theboard does not work can you provide details of the motherboard make and model number.Everest home edition will provide them if you cant remember?

Hi Just re read my previous post does not seem very clear and since then have tryed other things but still no progress.

The main problem is no sound. The first time that i formatted as stated and reinstalled all the drivers with the CDs which came with the computer leaving only one yellow indicator on device manager which was the MA controller. My Sound card ( Creative ) was appearing on the device manager under sound, video and game controllers.

In the control panel under sound and audio devices the creative sound card was appearing to be installed and the was the speaker present on the taskbar and all the volume was switched on and so further but still no sound.

Hi Archer, I download Everest home edition and here is the motherboard make and model number and some other system details if that helps.

Motherboard:
    CPU Type Intel Pentium 4HT, 2400 MHz (12 x 200)
    Motherboard Name Intel Rock Lake D865PERL (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DIMM)
    Motherboard Chipset Intel Springdale i865PE
    System Memory 1024 MB (DDR SDRAM)
    BIOS Type AMI (07/15/03)
    Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
    Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
    Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (Microsoft Corporation) (64 MB)
    3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
    Monitor Dell E172FP [17" LCD] (P14463BCADJ7)

Multimedia:
    Audio Adapter Creative EMU10K1 SB Live! Audio Processor

I have looked on line for drivers for the EMU10K1 card but to no provale, What does the Multimedia Audio Controller actually do.

Thanks again in advance for any help.

Bristol Student

There are plenty of SB Live cards.
    Try the autodetect
    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/su.asp

or go here and enter the serial number to get the appropriate drivers.
    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

From looking at the Intel specs, the Intel Rock Lake D865PERL motherboard has an ac-97 built in sound card..do you have this disabled and a creative card installed?
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Thank you Geoscomp and TechZ, i will look into both of your points and get back with an answer shortley, thanks again for your help.

BS