Script for changing smtp email addresses and Logon Names

Thread: Script for changing smtp email addresses and Logon Names

Script for changing smtp email addresses and Logon Names

Does anyone know where I can find a script to use on Active Directory for Windows Server 2003 that will allow me to change the smtp email addresses and Logon Names for all of the users in my organization? Or could you point me to a resource that would allow me to build the script? We are changing the username and email policy and don't want to go through the 300+ user accounts to change this manually.

Also, does anyone know if the user will still retain their profile settings on the local workstation since the SID is not changing? I really don't want to have to walk around to all of the computers to migrate profiles.

Any other suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
    You Know!?!.....That Little Button that SAYS "Start" in the lower left hand corner!

I've been clunking together some scripts lately. Here's a resource that might help - MS Script center

I also have some books that have helped. The one that helped the most is Windows Scripting Learning Guide from Microsoft Press. It about put me to sleep before I got to the point it was a help. But I managed to glean some good stuff from it.

I also got some great help from the programming forum. Have you asked over there yet?
    When you’re left out of the club, you know it, when you’re in the club, you don’t see what the problem is.