QDI mother baurd info .

Thread: QDI mother baurd info .

Post QDI mother baurd info .

havin troubles want to know if any one is familiar with the Qdi speedeasy bourd
    P51430vx/250DM Explorer II bios v3.5s need to know how much SDRAM they can hold and what mhz type .have one slot on bourd tryin to put a 128 SDRAM stick and it only sees 32 mb any help is greatly aprieciated thanks.

I remember a lot of the older VX chipsets boards which had the earlier style dimm slots didn't support anything larger than 32mb dimms. In fact, some old boards I found registered every dimm as 8Mb.

really eh bunner thanks alot for the info do u think that flashin the bios might have an update to see more?

You could try the manual and latest bioses from the qdi website

Though I get the feeling the problem is the implementation of the slot in the hardware, not bios. In which case your best plan would be to pick up 4x32mb edo simms instead or just get a newer socket 7 mainboard. They've come right down in price recently.

I had one of these until recently and they max out at 200MHz for CPU.

Good jumperless board. One of the first to come out in 1996-97 with which you could overclock easily through BIOS (up to 200MHz, of course).

[EDITED 10/07/2001 by Ad3pT]
    I see now that the board goes up to 233MHz. This may be due to a different factory run or updated BIOS. Mine did not exceed 200MHz.

The RAM situation was always a mystery to me. I managed to slap in 128 Mb (4x32Mb), but I remember it was hell getting the right SIMMs for it.

The model I had had 1 DIMM slot but you couldn't use standard PC100 DIMMs in it. Try to find an older DRAM (66MHz, is that right?) stick.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Originally posted by Farkyss:
    I remember a lot of the older VX chipsets boards which had the earlier style dimm slots didn't support anything larger than 32mb dimms. In fact, some old boards I found registered every dimm as 8Mb.
    Agree. Only PC-66 DS (double-sided) 16-chips 32Mb or 8-chips SS(single-sided)16Mb DIMMs will work in that motherboard. Anyway,he should refer to the manual for full info. Those DIMMs are kinda hard to find,though