Do you own a handheld/pocketpc? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you own a handheld/pocketpc?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes more than one

7 20.00%
  • Yes I have one

16 45.71%
  • No I don't have one

12 34.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you own a handheld/pocketpc?

I think I can say we're all very thankful that you don't have a "Can Cam."

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard1
    I think I can say we're all very thankful that you don't have a "Can Cam."
    Actually, you and me both!!

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar
    Did I mention the black berry would be a great tool....

Imagines self on the boat fishing while in IRC and ebaying...aww the life...

Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!

Btw,... there is also the option of upgrading your cell phone to PocketPC based SmartPhone. I used to have the Motorola MPX200,.. but now just carry my Samsung E316 since I don't have much use for a PDA. The nice thing about PocketPC is that you can sync it with Microsoft Streets and Maps. I'm not real thrilled with the form-factor of smartphone or pocketpc devices though. Too small imo. Blackberry has it right with the thumbwheel, and they are amazing devices once you get used to them. Personally, I wish there was a comparable device that ran windows so that it would be compatible with all my files. Anyway,... good luck.
    Hello World

Same as Brian G...Used to have a Palm m700 series...after about six months the batteries wouldn't hold a charge for more than 30 minutes, and although the PalmOS is nice and easy, this time I opted for the Dell Axim X50V. [Came with and extra double sized battery, too]

As Brian said, it's nice that it takes CF and SD memory at the same time, and I love the built in bluetooth and wifi.

Screen resolution is very nice, it's solidly built, and after using it for a while I have to say I prefer the pocket PC software.

Uses? I do all the usual, track expenses, addresses, calendars and the like, and then I installed a bluetooth GPS and mapping package ...and I love it. Never get lost on business trips, and it automatically logs miles for expenses.

I also added the presentation bundle, and can show powerpoint presentations on the little thing, which makes it perfect....I don't have to lug the laptop around anymore.

I really didn't think I'd use it as much as I do....and I don't have any games but the two that came with the OS!!! Go figure!
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."

I have both a PocketPC (Viewsonic v37) and a Palm (older Palm III style). The PocketPC is my usual companion unless I'm traveling far from home in which case I leave the PocketPC at home and carry the Palm instead. If I lose the Palm it's no big deal ... but the PocketPC ... well, my life would be over if I lost it or it got stolen.

My Pocket PC (Toshiba E-400) has just turned into a diary, contact list and backgammon player, that's it! Waste of money and I wouldn't buy one again.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

I a Palm IIIxe that my cousin gave me. I never use it. Seems like the most pointless invention in the world. It's just a pain to carry around and the batteries don't last very long. But it was free. Maybe I'll bring it bowling to keep score.

I started out with the Palm Professional many years ago. It was nice and a novelty back then. Now it's no more powerful than a calculator watch. I moved up to the Palm M series. Big improvement. My daughter has it now. She uses it as her diary. I own a HP Jornada now with Pocket PC on it. Now that I've converted over to the windows os, I'll never go back. I've used both, palm and pocket, and pocket is so much better. I use mine every day. Faithfully. I sync my mail, contacts and all that. I also put my service orders/logs on it and walk around the office doing my work carrying my HP Handheld. Who needs paper! Plus I'm a tech and there's the whole "cool" factor. What does the techie have now to play with....

Seriously, If you don't have a legitamate business reason to have one, don't bother. Buy a gameboy. If you do, you'll never stop buying them. My next purchase is the HP/Compaq Ipaq 5550. I can't wait!!!

By the way, I have mine loaded down with mp3's, pictures of my family and games as well. It's the modern day wallet with all the pics and stuff. What more can a proud father ask for...or mother.

I had a Palm Pro many years ago, but I stopped using it because the batteries didn't last very long, I had lots of sync problems, and I just got tired of carrying it around. Now I have all my phone numbers on a small piece of paper in my wallet, and it does me fine.

Many other people in my company have all sorts of headaches with their PDA's.

I get all sorts of phone calls from other people in my company asking for advice with their handheld. They're pretty shocked when I tell them to throw it away and go back to paper!

Yeah, I'm jaded.

I have two, one a Palm III that is kind of dead. the other is also a Palm, Tungsten T3. I use it, but not as often as I could. I do like the bluetooth, gets me on the web using my mobile phone anywhere I can get a signal, even though the phone is in my pocket or bag. I used to have an Axim X5 but I swapped it for a 36" telly (not as portable, but a better picture when playing movies )

Not sure if I'd get another pda, I have an iBook that goes (almost) everywhere with me.

Cheers
    Bollocks

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    I have a Dell Axim x30 and its little more than a cool toy, but trust me the novelty wears off quickly
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by gazzak
    My Pocket PC (Toshiba E-400) has just turned into a diary, contact list and backgammon player, that's it! Waste of money and I wouldn't buy one again.
    How quickly things change! At the weekend I got a GPS receiver and TomTom navigator softare. Now my Pocket PC is the most used thing I own! The best toy ever, most useful device, most time saving and driving navigation aid ever invented.

How I love my Pocket PC now
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

I have a Palm 100. It's got to be atleast 5 years old but the damn thing won't die....so I keep using it
    Sofa King Retarded

Heh, I did my first BASIC programming on a Sharp Pocket Computer:

http://www.vintagecalculators.com/ht...trs80_pc1.html

1920 bytes of RAM...