Hi, I've a Sony VAIO PIII pcg-r505mf that comes with 3 usb 1.0 ports, and I need to install a PCTV USB2.0 video capture device.

I bought a PCMCIA USB2.0 card to get the job done, but, when I try to attach the pctv device to the new usb 2.0 ports that came with the pcmcia, the "find new hardware wizard" puts a yellow sign on the "USB composite video" label in the Device Manager, I've the WinXP SP2.

Before, when I still didn't have the sp2, the laptop installed the "usb composite" with no problem, but a screen appeared telling me that I need the Service Pack2 and the update KB822603 (the USB 2.0 update).

The thing is that... before... my "USB composite device" appeared in a new set of devices in the device manager, ( + USB enhanced controller )
and now, that I've installed the WinXP SP2 the "usb enhanced controller appear in the same set of the older drivers (the USB1.0).

I think that is the problem, cause before, it got installed well, but asked for the sp2... and now, some times gives and error message, or a yellow warning sign in the device manager... or sometimes, the system just freezes.

Thanks for your help...
Hector Sisniega